TMS episodes that aired on Nickleodeon

minor muppetz

Reaction score
KCJ506 said:
Are you sure? I remember seeing the Limbo number in an episode that aired on Nick followed by the backstage scene when Fozzie "unscrunches" Kermit.
if it never reaired on Nickleodeon, then perhaps you saw it on the only time that it aired.

of course, the nighttime episodes were reaired on the next mornings, so it must have reaired. I am not sure if the first episode that aired at night on Nickleodeon (Elton John) was the same one that aired that morning.

Does anybody know why Nickleodeon didn't air every episode? Could it be possible that Nickleodeon didn't want to pay the amount it would have cost to air the entire series so the Jim Henson Company only gave Nick a select number of episodes from each season? Maybe there werre some episodes that Nickleodeon didn't want to show on it's channel (I wouldn't be surprised if Nickleodeon refused to show the episodes with Raquel Welch and Alice Cooper). At least every season got to be shown. Nickleodeon also only showed a limited number of Muppet Babies episodes, but it was all of the first 96 episodes.

I am surprised that neither of the first two episodes were shown.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Nickleodeon edits

When Nickleodeon aired this show, most of the U.K. spots were shown but other parts of the show were edited. let's discuss what was edited from each show.

Nickleodeon didn't show all of the U.K. spots. Nickleodeon edited the U.K. spots from the episodes with Cloris Leachman (and also edited the muppet news segment), Joel Grey, and John Cleese. Additionally, most of kermtis introduction to the u.k. spot in the Peter Sellers episode was cut (as well as the second backstage scene, the first part of the backstage scene leading to being green, and the end of Fozzies introduction to the closing number), and the Paul Simon episode had two segments during the u.k. spot: veterinarians hospital and Muppet news (with a scene with Statler and waldorf shown between them). Nickleodeon edited the veterinarians hospital sketch, but showed statler and waldorfs scene and the news skit.

Some episodes edited several scenes. In the carol Burnett episode, Nickleodeon edited out the congo scene and the part with Kermit and Piggy dancing (I know more was cut, but i can't remember what). In the dudley moore episode, the scene with the bugs going backstage and the scene where Rowlf told the band that he was thinking about working as a replacement for a dancing monkey were cut.edited from the gene Kelley episode were the scenes with Chris Rudolph and his invisible cheeseburger, the scene with gene kelley thanking beauregard for the spongemop, and the scene where the jugband tries to convince Kermit to let them go on stage. In the Star wars cast episode, the scene with Scooter practising for his big number, the secodn muppet news sketch, and the part with Mark hamil and Angus mcGonacle on-stage were all cut.

i think that in the Linda Ronstadt epsiode, the swedish chef, muppet news and lola the fan dancer were all cut.

I think the vendaface segment from the Ethel Merman episode was cut. I think the library sketch from the Mummenshaz episode was cut. i can't rememebr what was cut from the episodes with twiggy, sylvester stallone or Lynne Redgrave. I have only seen parts of the epsiodes with Victor Borge and Liberache and I can't recall what is missing there. I also only saw parts of the harry belefonte and Ben vereen episodes on Nickleodeon (I have seen the full episodes elsewhere) and don't know what was edited on those broadcasts.

I can't remember what was edited from the John Denver episode. i seem to remember John Denvers first number being the opening number when it really wasn't, and Rita Morenos closing number was moved to the openign number in her show (her episode also edited the scene where kermit tells floyd and animal to get on stage). I didn't remember "Why can't We Be Friends?" when I saw the epsiode again on the columbia release of the John Denver episode, but I also didn't rememebr gonzos fungus collection, the swedish chef cooking outdorrs, or the pigs climbing a mountain.

various veterinarians hospital segments were also edited from the episodes with Elton John, Lorretta Switt and Roger Moore. various Muppet labs segments were edited from the epsiodes with Paul Williams, pearl bailey, Leslie uggums, and Phyllys Diller.

I will post more edits later, but you are all welcome to post other edits.

KCJ506

Reaction score
The edit I remember the most is when they cut out Vet Hospital in the Loretta Swit episode.

The Ethel Merman episode didn't have a Vendaface sketch.

Swedish Chef might have been cut in the John Denver episode. I don't remember seeing that when this episode aired on Nick. I remember them showing the others including the UK spot. They didn't switch John number to the opening number.

In the Phyllis Diller episode I think they switched Hugga Wugga to the opening number.

I remember seeing the UK spots from the Leslie Uggums, Linda Carter, & Carol Channing episodes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
more edits

KCJ506 said:
The Ethel Merman episode didn't have a Vendaface sketch.[?QUOTE]

Now I rememebr that Statler and waldorfs comment after the java sketch was edited as well.

KCJ506 said:
In the Phyllis Diller episode I think they switched Hugga Wugga to the opening number.
No, the opening number was shown, and Hugga Wugga was shown where it was originally shown at. All that was cut was Muppet Labs.

Here are some more of Nickleodeons edits;
Harvey Korman: wayne and wandas number was cut.
Candace Bergan: the last backstage scene was cut (and I think the "note" gag was also cut).
Bernedette Peters: the swedish chef was cut.
Steve Martin: mary Louises second and third attempts to audition were cut, as was Floyds comment about having Marvin Suggs' vegetables for lunch.
Beverly Sills: muppet university was cut.
Dom deluise: "don't blame the dynamite" was cut.
madeline kahn: Fozzies song and kermits introduction to the park sketch were cut.
Ruth Buzzi: muppet news was cut.
mellissa manchester: backstage scene with Dr. Bob checking on the skiers and "how much is that doggy in the window" were cut.
Lynda Carter: Super Sheep were cut.
Christopher reeve: Muppet News was cut.
nancy walker: sams speech about nudity was cut.
Edgar Bergan: Gonzo wrestlign a brick and Statler and Waldorfs response to the chickens piano-playing act were cut.

KCJ506

Reaction score
Oh. I could have sworn Hugga Wugga was shown as the opening number. Sorry. It was so long ago.

I'm not sure but I think I've seen these songs aired on different episodes. Don't remember which episodes they aired on.

Gonzo: "Act Naturally"
Piggy & Link: "True Love"
Geri & The Atrics: "Who Put The Bong"
Fozzie: "Yokohama"
The two whatever's trying to sing opera

minor muppetz

Reaction score
KCJ506 said:
Gonzo: "Act Naturally"
This was the U.K. Spot for the Victor Borge episode, and was also seen on the video Muppet Treasures.

KCJ506 said:
i am not sure which episode this is from.

KCJ506 said:
Geri & The Atrics: "Who Put The Bong"
Actually, the title is "who put the bomb (in the bomp-sha-bom-sha-bomp)", and it is from the Hal Lindon episode, and was also included in the video Rock Music With The Muppets.

KCJ506 said:
This is from the Spike Milligan episode, and was also included in Fozzies Muppet Scrapbook.

KCJ506 said:
The two whatever's trying to sing opera
This is the U.K. Spot from the beverly Sills epsiode, and was included on the video Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Here are some more of Nickleodeons edits;

Candace Bergan: the last backstage scene was cut (and I think the "note" gag was also cut).
Note gag was in.

Bernedette Peters: the swedish chef was cut.
As was "Chopsticks" as played by the Muppet chickens. This sketch is in between the scene with Robin in the prop room and Vet's Hospital. It's like "Down at Papa Joe's" from the Edgar Bergen episode only it's in front of a light blue background.

madeline kahn: Fozzies song and kermits introduction to the park sketch were cut.
Intro to the park sketch was in.

Christopher reeve: Muppet News was cut.
"The Toreador Song" (exact title unknown) was also cut. This sketch featured Fozzie and a matador playing the aria from "Carmen" on the piano, then being knocked off the stage by a bull. Takes place in between the dressing room scene with Chris, Piggy, and Kermit, and Muppet Labs.

Did anyone actually SEE the Cleo Laine episode on Nickelodeon? I caught the show every day that it was on Nickelodeon starting about two months after it began, and I never saw it, suffice to say that they replaced the Twiggy opening credits with the Cleo Laine ones.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
"The Toreador Song" (exact title unknown) was also cut. This sketch featured Fozzie and a matador playing the aria from "Carmen" on the piano, then being knocked off the stage by a bull. Takes place in between the dressing room scene with Chris, Piggy, and Kermit, and Muppet Labs.
Well, I didn't know about that segment, but it does make since that more than just a muppet news flash was cut, since it was way shorter than 2 minutes. However, that doesn't really explain why the news segment from the ruth buzzi episode was cut and nothing else.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
KCJ506 said:
Opening number on the Cheryl Ladd episode.

KCJ506 said:
Opening number on the Spike Milligan episode. It's actually "Oklahoma", theme from the Rodgers & Hammerstein musical of the same name, but instead of taking place in the Old West, it's set in Japan, which includes the city of Yokahama. Another classic Muppet mix-up!

Episodes and cuts:
3) Joel Grey: UK Spot "Sherlock Holmes..."
4) Ruth Buzzi: Muppet News
5) Rita Moreno: opening number, "Apache Dance", was cut, replaced with closing number "Fever"; beginning of last backstage scene (which references the "Fever" number) was also cut
7) Florence Henderson: second backstage scene (after "Elusive Butterfly") was cut
8) Paul Williams: Muppet Labs
10) Harvey Korman: Wayne & Wanda
15) Candice Bergen: last backstage scene, in between VH and closing #
16) Avery Schreiber: second backstage scene, after Muppet Labs/before painting sketch (with Scooter & Kermit, also found in "The Muppet Show Book")
17) Ben Vereen: Muppet News (before At the Dance)
18) Phyllis Diller: Muppet Labs (after Fozzie & Hilda backstage scene)
19) Vincent Price: At the Dance (after panel sketch)
21) Twiggy: Vendaface (after UK Spot)
22) Ethel Merman: first S&W comment and first backstage scene (both after opening #)
24) Mummenschanz: Wayne & Wanda (before Vendaface) and Muppet News (before closing #, after last backstage scene)
25) Don Knotts: Swedish Chef (after Fozzie, Floyd & Animal scene)
27) Milton Berle: Muppet News (after Milton's monologue, before Pigs in Space) and Fozzie (in disguise) & Scooter backstage scene (after UK Spot, before "Who")
28) Rich Little: At the Dance (after first chicken audition, the "nice legs" bit)
30) Nancy Walker: Sam's editorial on nudity (after the Nancy/Fozzie dressing room scene, "Pick Yourself Up")
31) Edgar Bergen: Gonzo wrestling a brick (after Muppet News) and S&W's comment on the piano-playing chickens
32) Steve Martin: 2nd and 3rd Mary Louise sketches and Floyd comment
33) Madeline Kahn: Fozzie's act (after Pigs in Space)
34) George Burns: S&W comment on "Train Back Home" and Fleet & Piggy backstage scene that immediately follows
35) Dom DeLuise: "Don't Blame the Dynamite" (after UK Spot, before S&W comment "my hand went to sleep")
36) Bernadette Peters: chickens play "Chopsticks" (before VH) and Swedish Chef (after "Just One Person", same transition as in "Muppet Moments")
37) Rudolf Nureyev: "Clair De Lune" with Rowlf & Fozzie (after "Baby It's Cold Outside")
38) Elton John: VH (after "Bennie & the Jets")
41) Julie Andrews: Sam's editorial on endangered species (after "When you were a Tadpole")
43) Peter Sellers: 2nd backstage scene (after "When"), intro to UK Spot, part of backstage scene after masseur sketch
45) Bob Hope: first backstage scene (after opening #), and first Muppet News(after "For What It's Worth", I believe)
47) John Cleese: UK Spot "Waiting at the Church"
48) Cloris Leachman: UK Spot Vegetarians' Hospital and Muppet News
52) Gilda Radner: second backstage scene (after melodrama), S&W comment for Muppet Labs, and last backstage scene (before closing #)
53) Pearl Bailey: Muppet Labs, S&W comment for ML, and part of backstage scene after ML (showing Bunsen & Beaker returning from stage)
57) Liberace: 1/2 of first backstage scene (with Piggy, Alfredo & Hildegarde the mop dancers), second backstage scene, with Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo and guard (after Swedish Chef/VH), Muppet News after that, and short Liberace dressing room scene after that
62) Harry Belafonte: Muppet Sports (after Fozzie & Rowlf scene) and S&W comment for it (S&W comment after "Day-O" was split in two, and the second half is found after the Fozzie/Rowlf scene in the Nick edit)
64) Danny Kaye: "Lunchtime" sketch (after alley scene, before canteen scene)
66) Leslie Uggams: Muppet Labs (after Gonzo/Camilla dressing room scene, before Piggy/Big Bird scene)
68) Sylvester Stallone: Otto the Robot Comedian (after Sly/Scooter/groupies/punching bag dressing room scene)
70) Rogers & Evans: first backstage scene (after opening #)
71) Lynn Redgrave: second backstage scene (after Gonzo torture) and Town Crier bit with Muppet Newsman (in latter half, I think just after Maid Marian is captured again)
73) John Denver: Swedish Chef (in between Kermit/Piggy/Annie Sue backstage scene and John/Gonzo backstage scene)
77) Victor Borge: Swedish Chef (after scene in Piggy's dressing room) and part of following backstage scene (in which Bobby returns)
79) Arlo Guthrie: part of first backstage scene, in which the bugs return from the stage, and bulk of second backstage scene, in which the band complains(after "Momma Don't Allow")
81) Beverly Sills: Muppet University and last backstage scene (before closing #)
85) Dizzy Gillespie: two musician spots (I forget where) and I think a Waldorf/Astoria comment
86) Liza Minnelli: UK Spot "Pass That Peace Pipe"
88) Jonathan Winters: "You'll Never Walk Alone" (after Jonathan/alien dressing room scene)
89) Star Wars: Scooter rehearsal scene (after Muppet News), Mark & Angus on stage (after Mark backstage scene), and I think Muppet News (in between the two Pigs in Space halves)
90) Christopher Reeve: S&W comment after Shakespeare act, Muppet News (after scene where Kermit peeps into Piggy's dressing room), and Toreador # (see above post, it's before Muppet Labs)
91) Lynda Carter: Super Sheep (in between the two backstage scenes, Piggy returning from stage and learning to fly scene)
95) Carol Channing: first part of first backstage scene, part of second backstage scene, a few seconds from beginning of UK Spot, and the first part of last backstage scene
96) Diana Ross: "Go Tell Anchovy" by the Gills Bros. and portions of backstage scenes leading into and out of said # (going to stage, leaving stage)
97) Gene Kelly: already listed in another post
98) Loretta Swit: VH (before UK Spot)
100) Shirley Bassey: Gonzo's act (after Muppet News) and part of backstage scene leading out
102) Brooke Shields: first and last third of first backstage scene
104) Senor Wences: first bit of first backstage scene, first half of UK Spot
107) Paul Simon: see above posts
108) Melissa Manchester: see above posts
109) Tony Randall: intro to Tony's 1st #, "Poison Ivy" by Dr. Teeth & S&W comment following (before Pigs in Space)
111) Carol Burnett: dance segment after UK Spot
112) Gladys Knight: VH
114) Marty Feldman: part of first backstage scene, backstage scene after UK Spot with Kermit, Sam, and Marty
119) Linda Ronstadt: see above post
120) Roger Moore: VH

WHEW!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
What I'd like to know is if whoever saw the Cleo Laine episode remembers how that one was edited. Also, does anyone actually HAVE a copy of the Nickelodeon edit?