TMS episodes that aired on Nickleodeon

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
What I'd like to know is if whoever saw the Cleo Laine episode remembers how that one was edited. Also, does anyone actually HAVE a copy of the Nickelodeon edit?
I dunno ... the only copy I have is from Nickelodeon UK. :wink:

G-MAN

Reaction score
Good job there, with the list Gorgon Heap, but a couple of things
#1: You got the name mixed up on episode #79 (It's Dudley Moore, not Arlo Guthrie)
#2: I could have sworn I remember seeing the Vet's Hospital bit on the Loretta Switt episode, and I've never seen the un-cut version. (Though I may be wrong)

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
Did anyone actually SEE the Cleo Laine episode on Nickelodeon? I caught the show every day that it was on Nickelodeon starting about two months after it began, and I never saw it, suffice to say that they replaced the Twiggy opening credits with the Cleo Laine ones.
Been lurking here for quite a while, but never posted before.

Anyway, I saw EVERY episode aired on Nickelodeon and taped all of them save for Madeleine Kahn, Avery Schreiber & Jonathan Winters, and Cleo Lane wasn't shown.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
HairMetalLives said:
Anyway, I saw EVERY episode aired on Nickelodeon and taped all of them save for Madeleine Kahn, Avery Schreiber & Jonathan Winters, and Cleo Lane wasn't shown.
I am guessing that you watched the show every day it was on, right?

maybe the person who listed Cleo Lane was wrong. Somebody else said it was shown on the u.k. nickleodeon. Maybe that is where the confusion comes from?

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I am guessing that you watched the show every day it was on, right?

maybe the person who listed Cleo Lane was wrong. Somebody else said it was shown on the u.k. nickleodeon. Maybe that is where the confusion comes from?
Every single day I was glued to Nickelodeon at 7:30 PM with the VCR recording (save for the three shows I mentioned earlier).

I know the person who listed Cleo Lane was wrong, I don't know if it aired on UK Nick or not. Also, Tony Randall & Arlo Guthrie weren't aired. Maybe aired in UK, but not in the US.

I also have a question. When the season one openings were tossed out in the 80s, were the same replacement openings used all the time? Like on Nickelodeon, the Ethel Merman episode used the Julie Andrews opening, but was that same opening also used on TNT, Oddesy, etc?

KCJ506

Reaction score
HairMetalLives said:
Every single day I was glued to Nickelodeon at 7:30 PM with the VCR recording (save for the three shows I mentioned earlier).

I know the person who listed Cleo Lane was wrong, I don't know if it aired on UK Nick or not. Also, Tony Randall & Arlo Guthrie weren't aired. Maybe aired in UK, but not in the US.
The Tony Randall episode did air in the US.

Maybe I was wrong about the Cleo Laine episode airing on Nick. But I could have sworn I saw the Limbo number and the backstage scene when Fozzie unscrunches Kermit on an episode that aired on Nick.