TMNT the new movie Anyone interested

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ok i saw the preview of this last night, and i dont know if im interested or not because insteed of the cool anamatrnioc real looking trutels this movie is cgi crap. I personaly with there would be more anamtronic insteed of CGI. I dont think im going to see this because of that.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing it just for the Ninja Turtles and all. I grew up watching all the episodes and i wouldn't mind seeing it. One of my freinds brothers says they look like lizards. I don't think they do. To md they just have flaten heads. But i'm going to try and see it.

Meepsterboy

Reaction score
I think that it looks good. I would like a live action one more, but the real people (April, Casey Jones) are too old now, so I can see why they did it. I think it looks good, and I'm going to see it on opening day.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Yeah, it looked ridiculous to me. I much prefer the look of old school TMNT, either the original movies or the Saturday morning cartoons. But overall I have a great lack of appreciation for 3D animation (but not CGI technology because, when used right, it enhances so much. Like 'King Kong' or the Jurassic Park movies). And they weren't animatronics, Dwayne, they were actors in suits. One of my acting coaches, Josh Pias, played Raphael in the first movie! :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I saw the tralier the other day, too, and I have to say that I wan't to see this movie.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
well bust my buttons and and call me silly i always thought they where pupets of some sort.

Meepsterboy

Reaction score
Splinter was some sort of puppet, I think, but the Turtles were animatronic suits, the precursors of the kind used in Dinosaurs. And remember: the "real" Turtles killed the live action franchise with TMNT III and Next Mutation (yeah, I know that wasn't Henson, but it was "real" turtles.).

MrsPepper

Reaction score
dwayne, all the faces were animatronic but the bodies were people in suits. It's similar to how they did the Gorgs in Fraggle Rock. They had actors, who essentially had a helmet on with animatronic stuff on the inside and they did the physical body acting, and there were seperate actors who did the dialogue, which the puppeteer matched from far away with equipment.

But I do have the making of the ninja turtles on tape (I think it came with the second movie which I've had since I was a kid) and Splinter the rat was actually a complicated puppet, Kevin Clash (Elmo) performed him. The turtles were suits, though.

This movie looks awesome, though! I want to see it. This and transformers coming out around the same time, it's like childhood nostalgia. It will definately get alot of people watching. When they remake 80's stuff like this is make me happy that the Fraggle Rock movie willl be coming out at just the right time when everyone is hooked on these 80's franchises. ^_^

MWoO

Reaction score
Why do people not like it just because of the CGI? I think it looks great and is nice a smooth.