TMNT the new movie Anyone interested

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
He deffenatly has a very wide, amazing vocal range! It's not easy to strain your voice that way he often has to do. So does Joey Mazzarino! I wonder how he strains for Sprinkles on Blues Clues? Not easily I'd guess.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I really like this movie!! MUCH better than the cartoons ever were, and I have to admit I liked it better than the movies with the JHC animatronic heads in it. (That's sacreligious, ain't it?)

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I really like this movie!! MUCH better than the cartoons ever were, and I have to admit I liked it better than the movies with the JHC animatronic heads in it. (That's sacreligious, ain't it?)
Nah. Those flicks are still great. The fact that the new movie is all CGI allows for things that guys in rubber suits just can't do, but it doesn't take anything away from the fact that the Creature Shop exceeded everyone's expectations back in the day. I'm still impressed with what they did.

So, how would everyone rate this flick with the others? For me, it go like dis, from best to worst.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
TMNT
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze

Probably not the order everyone would pick.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You know what, I have to agree with your historical outlook when you put it that way. Definitely. For their time periods, JHC has ALWAYS been ahead of their time, eh? Good call.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I really diddn't like the third one. But conviently enough, that's the one that the creature shop didn't do.:wink:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
I really diddn't like the third one. But conviently enough, that's the one that the creature shop didn't do.:wink:
I'm a sucker for the third movie 'cause Mikey's pretty much the emotional center.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
We've been so busy with work and school here, but I really hope I get to see this soon. I've been out of the loop on movies, but I owe the Turtles my support!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Freaking loved the movie. I feel it was the best TMNT film since the first one. And am I the only one who liked how Shredder WASN'T the focus of the entire thing?

BTW, in case anyone wants to know, Karai is Shredder's adopted daughter. She appeared in the 13 issue mega blockbuster TMNT miniseries, City at War. She takes on the role of the Shredder after the Turtles killed him all the way back in the late 80's (I think... I have the comic, but I can't remember when it was published).

Anyway, it played a lot like the new series but with deeper writing. I will reinstate that Shredder's absense makes the film stronger, as... well... we wouldn't want to see every Batman movie with the Joker in it. That would lack variety.

I can't recall the second film that well, cuz I haven't seen it in years, and New Line was SUPPOSED to release special edition DVDs of the 3 original films, so I won't go out and buy TMNT2 just yet. But I think Shredder's part was pretty much cartoonish, and Vanilla Ice sucks... as in he sucks all the fun out of the movie.

Of course, I don't think they ever could have done their true origin in a live action film... cuz it involves Utroms and space travel to a world ruled by Triceritons... They did hint at the Utroms in the original script for 2, but they changed it at the last minute (too bad... Jim Henson productions almost made an animatronic Utrom....)

Utroms: Odd brain like aliens who have android bodies. They are peaceful scientists. One group accidentally managed to get stranded on Earth. The teleporter they created to get back home made the same chemical waste that mutated the Turtles.