Tis' the Season...For Cookies & Presents!

Redsonga

Reaction score
I'm with you All the way on that one. One thing I Didn't like about the new Prince Caspian was the size of Reepicheep. I much prefered and always imagined him as a large mouse. And I have gone and written an essay on the christian motives in the series, proving my Narnia nerdiness.
*random fact* Did you know there is a Christian Metal band called Narnia, and all of their lyrical matter is about the books?
It makes sense that they would be bigger that normal world animals IMHO, except for the non- as-human-like-talkers like horses...I like them more to because they are the books nearly word for word..No matter what the Disney movies think the words are the heart of Narina I think :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Few things...

1 Though I do agree there was more of a "real" effect in the filmed BBC versions of the four main Narnia books, they did merge Prince Caspian and Voyage of the Dawn Treader into one single three/four-part special. Once I got and read those books, I sort of prefer each get its own movie.
2 Polar Express will air Monday, December 15, 2008 at 5 PM EST on Toon Disney.
3 Mickey's Christmas Caroll will also air on Toon Disney, not sure when, but it'll be part of their 12 Days of Christmas promotion starting tomorrow. Just have to watch for when it airs.
4 Some of the specials that've aired so far on ABC Family will be shown today, as part of a push to promote the new Disney movie, Bedtime Stories starring Adam Sandler. Not sure why, but that one reminds me of a similar movie where Martin Short played this fairy godfather-in-training.

Hope this helps, happy holidays to all. :smile:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I remember that we had to read "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" back in middle school for summer reading one year. And I remember the teacher telling us that, for some reason still not entirely known to me, she used to have to send permission slips home whenever she assigned the book.

I went and picked out my tree today; it's a little Alberta spruce, still in its pot. I'm going to plant it either at my grandmother's place or my parents' place when the holidays are over. I remember we did the same thing for a few years when I was a kid; I'd get my own tree, a small potted spruce, and we'd plant it in the yard in January.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Few things...

1 Though I do agree there was more of a "real" effect in the filmed BBC versions of the four main Narnia books, they did merge Prince Caspian and Voyage of the Dawn Treader into one single three/four-part special. Once I got and read those books, I sort of prefer each get its own movie.
2 Polar Express will air Monday, December 15, 2008 at 5 PM EST on Toon Disney.
3 Mickey's Christmas Caroll will also air on Toon Disney, not sure when, but it'll be part of their 12 Days of Christmas promotion starting tomorrow. Just have to watch for when it airs.
4 Some of the specials that've aired so far on ABC Family will be shown today, as part of a push to promote the new Disney movie, Bedtime Stories starring Adam Sandler. Not sure why, but that one reminds me of a similar movie where Martin Short played this fairy godfather-in-training.

Hope this helps, happy holidays to all. :smile:
And for the most part there is just something about nearly all the animals being actually there and being played by people or things rather that being computer animated like in the Disney one...and as far as the ones who weren't I sort of still like the handdrawn animated cartoon winged horses over the Disney CGI..there is just something more honest feeling about the fantasy of it all:flirt:.
Really, even if the series started with the Bible, it grew to be even more and a story in its own right I think...You'd have to search a long time to find a really good series anyway that doesn't have its roots in some myth, legend or a story seen as religious from some part of the world from long ago anyway :3. They are good stories, they work , and people love them :excited:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Garfield's Christmas Special was on this afternoon.:smile:
And (not related to Christmas but about Garfield)"Garfield's Tale Of 2 Kitties" was on one of my local channels tonight

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed... And I'd have to get and read those books again to nitpick what exactly was chopped out/reintrepreted... But the thing is, when people told themselves their past with stories, explained their present with stories, foretold future with stories... The best place by the fire was kept for the Storyteller.

*Huggle-pats Kathy and leaves hot chocolate for Becky.

Kiki

Reaction score
candy candy candy candy candy candy!
LOL, I remember that! Gorsh, you'd think Garfield likes candy, wouldn't'cha? :wink:
'This is the night... (this is the niiight!)... I've been waitin' for...' :sing:

Did a bit of Chrissie shopping today. The shop's are totally chockers...