Tis' the Season...For Cookies & Presents!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
He does like candy... *Off to put the star on the tree. If I'm not back in an hour send a banana cream pie after me. But not in a way that it'd go splut in my face.

Pork

Reaction score
LOL, I remember that! Gorsh, you'd think Garfield likes candy, wouldn't'cha? :wink:
'This is the night... (this is the niiight!)... I've been waitin' for...' :sing:
Haha, I watched that Halloween special just the other day...we were making our frined watch it.

...If you don't go Jumping Jacks with Binky...Your Gonna Grow Up To Be...WORTHLESS!
hehe

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Haha, I watched that Halloween special just the other day...we were making our frined watch it.

...If you don't go Jumping Jacks with Binky...Your Gonna Grow Up To Be...WORTHLESS!
hehe
Binky the clown scared me. Well all clowns scare me.

Christmas? Meh........I have too many people asking me what I want and I keep on telling them either nothing or leave me alone.

I'm not a fan of Christmas.

Worst thing about the holidays, the horrible music radio stations play. I mean how many singers are going to do their take of "Frosty The Snowman"? It all sounds the same!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I have too many people asking me what I want and I keep on telling them either nothing or leave me alone.
Yeah I love Christmas but I still get annoyed when people keep asking that, lol.

This past weekend I got to volunteer at my Church organizing presents for needy families. It made Christmas seem much more special than it has in years for me. I think a greater emphasis should be put on Christmas being a time for charity. :smile:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Yeah I love Christmas but I still get annoyed when people keep asking that, lol.

This past weekend I got to volunteer at my Church organizing presents for needy families. It made Christmas seem much more special than it has in years for me. I think a greater emphasis should be put on Christmas being a time for charity. :smile:
Funny that you said that. I have a 7 year old cousin who wants all sorts of toys and won't take no for an answer and his parents were thinking about taking their son to an orphanage home and show himm that he is being greedy and there are less fortunate people who deserve more.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score

hehe
LOL! That's a great line!:zany:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Funny that you said that. I have a 7 year old cousin who wants all sorts of toys and won't take no for an answer and his parents were thinking about taking their son to an orphanage home and show himm that he is being greedy and there are less fortunate people who deserve more.
Oh wow that's interesting! My parents just looked at me sternly and said, "You've gotten enough, be happy." Lol

But I do think it's important for kids, once they reach the age to understand, to see that not everyone is as fortunate as they are. Otherwise you can get caught up in toys and presents and end up quite spoiled, heh. I think we all have that potential to get a little too comfortable at times.

The nativity story has the rich kingly wise men giving presents to a needy baby. That's the example we should be following. :smile:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
The nativity story has the rich kingly wise men giving presents to a needy baby. That's the example we should be following. :smile:
You can use that example for anybody in any season. It seems there are a lot of rich people who are greedy and want more, as evident with various stories that come out about those people all the time.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You can use that example for anybody in any season. It seems there are a lot of rich people who are greedy and want more, as evident with various stories that come out about those people all the time.
You're right, another trap to fall into is only caring about this stuff around the holidays. It should be something on our minds all year. People don't stop being poor after the holidays. :wink:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Yeah, it reminds me of that one line from "Christmas Time is Here" from "A Charlie Brown Christmas:" "Oh that we could always see such spirit through the year." I mean, people try to be nice to others on Christmas, but what about the other 364 days in the year?

I read some story, heralde - it might have been a letter sent in to Time or Newsweek. A dad in some part of the Tri-State area said his teenage daughter was getting to be really spoiled, so one day, he and his wife took her into New York and drove around some of the really rough parts of town. That was a wake-up call for her, he said.

And you're right; we almost always hear about the people who are shamelessly spoiled; I mean, just look at the latest celebrity gossip, or a lot of those shows on MTV, like the one about the over-the-top sweet 16 parties. There are a lot more people in the world who are concernted with doing good things, but they don't get a lot of attention.