Tickle Me Elmo 10th Anniversary Edition

muppetperson

Reaction score
I finally gave in and bought a Elmo TMX at K mart(Aust) for $64.84AU.Normal price will be $99.00AU

CoOKiE

Reaction score
yea, see... i couldn't think about a name for a person who will buy something thats worth alot... and sell it. So i took it as in a collector's perspective that will have something thats worth alot... a Selector? lol

I have one for my very own. And will be buying another one... or two to sell for Christmas.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I guess I was thinking in terms of maybe buying one, and then holding mayby holding on to one until it increases in value as opposed to buying ine and then selling it on the spot.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I just saw the video from Good Morning America and it looks like elmo is having seizures to me.

dinoboy

Reaction score
Funny Idea for a promotion of the TMX doll

I think that as a promotional intro of the selling of the new TMX doll, stores that sell it should have someone in a walk around Elmo costume, while wearing a white T-shirt with the phrase "Tickle Me" written in bold black letters across the front and back of the shirt. Think of how much fun the girls and women would have with this, plus this is one type of fun thing that won't need batteries.

BEAR

Reaction score
dinoboy said:
I think that as a promotional intro of the selling of the new TMX doll, stores that sell it should have someone in a walk around Elmo costume, while wearing a white T-shirt with the phrase "Tickle Me" written in bold black letters across the front and back of the shirt. Think of how much fun the girls and women would have with this, plus this is one type of fun thing that won't need batteries.

Sorry, I don't follow.

dinoboy

Reaction score
The dangers of this toy

I can see it now, that it will be announced in the news that some people will be either held at gunpoint or killed just to get their hands on the hot new TMX Elmo doll. Several elderly people would be seriously injured as they have been run over by several hundred people, all running in anxious attempt to get the doll. Hundreds of stores will have millions of people crowding the stores before it opens just to get the doll. Remember history may begin to repeat itself, Again. Unless we take precautions and prevent the same things in the past from happening again.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
dinoboy said:
Yea... now i know what i'm doin for Halloween this year :smile:

Convincing John

Reaction score
Man...this is unreal.

BEAR said:
Man...(shakes head)...

This is nuts! Kids should have a toy that they can have fun with. My opinions on Elmo personally are, well...I'll keep my mouth shut about that. However, when people are going absolutely crazy...BEYOND crazy on Ebay (and elsewhere) with prices for an Elmo doll...it's just sad, really.

From now until Christmas, parents will be paying outlandish prices for an Elmo that will eventually wind up forgotten in the corner of their room or in a bin at the Salvation Army. There are many of the original TME's out there that were once sold for $1800+ in 1997. Where are they now? They are being sold for a quarter on garage sales along with Furbys, Cabbage Patch dolls and other stuff the kids tire of.

I haven't seen this toy in person, but I did see the "Potty Training Elmo" at Wal Mart someone mentioned. Here's the link (for whoever was looking for it).

Ten million dollars for a $40 toy... that's insane.

I say if you're a parent and want to find your kid something Henson related that will stand the test of time, nuture your child, and not be just another fad, try this. You won't regret it.

"Trust me.":embarrassed:

Convincing John