Threadless Muppet T-Shirt Design Challenge

beaker

Reaction score
Well folks, you can do what I do sometimes: print out an image that can be epoxied to a blank shirt:smile: I'm all about guerrilla DIY myself

Thanks guys! I am weighing the options of how best to get this design to the people who want it. Could take a few weeks because I'll want to see test prints first etc.
I know of a number of high quality shirt places who will print almost anything on black or other color shirts regardless of copyright or anything. I personally want a brown shirt with the symbiosis design:smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Couple of weeks is GOOD...I'm heading to SDCC which will devour my wallet
Aw lucky pants! My friend and I set our alarm clock, but the site was buggy and the tickets sold out in an hour

j3h

Reaction score
Aw lucky pants! My friend and I set our alarm clock, but the site was buggy and the tickets sold out in an hour
My wife and I have been going for the last few years, and we buy the next year's tix at the show. Though this year has gotten so much more expensive hotel & travel wise, we're unsure for 2012. Definitely a bummer how the online sales went.

TimmyMonsterIL

Reaction score
:embarrassed: I was hoping that the Green Album promo link would have been wrong, but I found out yesterday that it wasn't...:concern:

I get emails from Threadless advertising new shirts, reprints, and the like and they sent one out yesterday officially announcing the rainbow stripe design won out of "1000 design entries" and will be available on the site Monday...

I call "Shenanigans!" It's sad that (in my opinion) Threadless decided to create a sub par Muppet t-shirt, which there are already plenty of out there.

j3h

Reaction score
Not trying to start anything, or passing judgement on the design or those who do or do not like it... But is anyone here going to buy the winning design shirt?

I'm wondering if threadless shot themselves in the foot by not looking harder at the competition's statistics (& how it played out) and the effect on a major muppet community (the prime buyers)

j3h

Reaction score
But is anyone here going to buy the winning design shirt?
To start the responses, I'll answer my own question:
No, I will not be buying.
Not only that, between rejecting my entry and how the contest ended, I'm pretty tainted against threadless as a whole.

TimmyMonsterIL

Reaction score
No I will not be buying the shirt.

Im disappointed w/ Threadless, but I already own 15 tees from them, and really like if not love them all. I will continue to vote and buy more, but my initial thought of buying 2 of the winning Muppet design is over and done with.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I call "Shenanigans!" It's sad that (in my opinion) Threadless decided to create a sub par Muppet t-shirt, which there are already plenty of out there.
Either there was sabotage by the person that clearly stole Pook-A-Looz designs and wanted to win, or there was some idiotic decision by the company, whichever one it was (Disney or Threadless) to go with the most cutesy wootsy quirky teenage girl design possible because it was considered the most "hip." I don't find it the worst design, but frankly, people who cheaply Photoshopped the movie poster might as well won this.

Not saying this because I wanted Frogboy to win, not saying this because there's a biased... but frankly, this is like the lame Hello Kitty-ized Disney line from 6 years ago that didn't sell. If not Frogboy, than there's a LOT of much superior funny, clever, large effort shirts that SHOULD have been in the top 5. I mean, the Hangover shirt parody was brilliant! The one with Kermit and the Balloons was too.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Honestly? No, I won't be buying the design and not for the reason you might think. I don't wear white shirts. Nobody I know wears white shirts! I'm a confirmed bachelor who doesn't have the time to fuss with bleach. Also, as white as my teeth are and slender as I am, white shirts tend to be unflattering on anyone other than a supermodel. :flirt:

However, I just contacted Threadless after their announcement about possibly printing 10-20 other entries along with this batch. It appears they suspect a backlash for only offering one shirt among so many other really fine entries that were passed over along with mine. I would buy both balloon ones and several others for certain! :drool:

It does appear that they picked the 2nd highest rated shirt due to the fact that my design is similar to the Green Album cover. (I still think the vote count for 2nd looks a little funky) They released the artwork for the CD a couple weeks after my entry and a month after I had chosen that concept. No matter how they came to publish a similar-looking design it is a compliment to the marketability of the concept. I disagree with the decision, but understand why they'd skip over mine. I still think it would have made one hellofa poster to accompany the stripey shirt and the album cover rather than that one they're using with the usual stock art we've seen a hundred times. :sleep:

Still, this might be printed! I'll have to hear back from Threadless about the possibility. If not, expect to find free home printable versions available somewhere online next week. I'm looking into whether they'll let me do that anyway. :search:

Thanks again for your support! :jim:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Not even knowing that that one was Frogboy's it is one that I would buy, the lines look very very official. My other favorite is 'The lovers, the dreamers and me', it is at first glance, the one I thought won..I was disappointed when I saw the real winner. The 'basic colors made with Flash' look really is that well loved right now? :frown: