The "You know what?" thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I still have very, very fond memories of 98 . . . remember how customizable it was? It had all these installed themes you could use that not only changed your wallpaper, but also the icons, the cursor, the screensaver, and the system sounds? Yeah, I know you can still do all that with ensuing versions of Windows, but there was something particularly magical about those different 98 theme packages you could use; we always used the underwater one . . . to this day, I still hear that barking seal error sound in the back of my mind from time to time, lol.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You know what I miss from Windows?

That headache screensaver known as the maze.

Schfifty

Reaction score
You know what I miss from Windows?

That headache screensaver known as the maze.
YES. That was one of the best screensavers ever, along with the Flowerbox and Pipes!

My favorite themed ones were Baseball, Inside Your Computer and Mystery...

When I was little I would often wait for the catcher to appear upside down, since it rarely happened.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow, I don't remember the Inside Your Computer theme, but that looks awesome!

When I was little I would often wait for the catcher to appear upside down, since it rarely happened.
I heartell that another rare occurence was with the Underwater screensaver, the shark would actually swim through the middle of the screen and eat a fish that ends up crossing its path. I've never seen this, and I can't help but wonder if that really was a rarity as people claim, or if its another one of those urban legends.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I see apparently the music video I did years ago with Steve D'Monster lip syncing to the song "Gee, I'm Glad it's Raining" from ERNEST GOES TO CAMP is now currently the second most watched video on my channel. That's pretty cool - it was one of my personal favorite older videos.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Meanwhile, Noodle is speeding off with Snowth in a souped-up Jaguar, off to save their tiny poodle Schmoodle, who had been poodle-napped by the Evil Zoodle, who's holding Schmoodle for a ransom of tons of boodle.
Is it weird that I actually want that to be a full series?