The "You know what?" thread

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
i dont mind the taste of coffee in and of itself. like...I like coffee flavored stuff (even with actual coffee beans)

but i dont like coffee itself. It could just be because of my issues drinking anything hot. Hot drinks are nasty and make me gag. I would probably like iced coffee but i've never tried it

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I might like occasional hot cocoa during the winter (really, just microwave some chocolate milk instead of getting the powders and mixes and stuff - it tastes exactly the same), but yeah, hot drinks seem kind of . . . I don't know, drinks seems like something that should always be cold - like ice cream, or something.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I might like occasional hot cocoa during the winter (really, just microwave some chocolate milk instead of getting the powders and mixes and stuff - it tastes exactly the same), but yeah, hot drinks seem kind of . . . I don't know, drinks seems like something that should always be cold - like ice cream, or something.
Dude, I couldn't have said it better! I have so much trouble trying to drink hot drinks. Feels like I'm drinking hot water. :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
On the flip side, I don't mind cold chicken at all (as in left over chicken) . . . it's . . . kind of a southern thang, lol.

Meanwhile, I have a friend who loves cold pizza. :stick_out_tongue:

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I personally like pizza better when it's cold. And I love hot drinks - my favorite being hot tea, or even better, some good ol' apple cider. It really reminds me of the winter and Christmas.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Funny you should mention that. My mom just bought a whole bunch of cans of Chef Boyardee. We literally never buy the stuff lol.
I used to pig out on Chef Boy (no pun intended). At one point, I would've been their spokesperson for Overstuffed Ravioli.
It's convenient, it's cheap, but the salt, fat and carbs could kill you.

My favorite dish now, a couple at our church makes it, ravioli stuffed with mushrooms. I never thought I'd ever touch this, but one taste and I was won over.
Chances are, young people, your tastes may change over time. One day in the future, you may love something you never dreamed possible. By the same token, something you loved as a kid, you might look back and say, "How could I eat this crap?"

Case in point, as a kid, hated oatmeal. Several decades later, breakfast doesn't seem complete without it.