The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

crackmaster

Reaction score
Blue Sky Studios has shut down. No more Ice Ages HOORAY!

EDIT: Oh frog. I didn't read the rest of the post. Disney is now making Ice Age projects. NOOOOOOOO!

Also, Tim Curry shows up in a lot of these CGI knock-off films. Other than The Rocky Horror Picture Show, he's done nothing noteworthy at all but keeps getting used! The only other thing I know he did is Peter Pan and the Pirates.
Ahem... S.I.R.?

Last edited:

crackmaster

Reaction score
Still, I remember there was a 3 movie pack with Barnyard, something that was good I can't remember at the top of my head, and that boring Yogi Bear movie at Target. Barnyard isn't a bad film, it's nothing special and the animated series that resulted from it was surprisingly good. I'd almost have bought the thing (Hey! It was only 10 bucks), but Barnyard was in full frame, and nothing can justify me owning Yogi Bear no matter HOW big a Hanna Barbera fan I am (though, to be fair, I'd rather watch that whole plodding mess again than a second of freaking Yo Yogi). And I can't for the life of me remember what the other film was.
And Yogi Bear...I saw a second of that on the Hub once. It was awful, just plain awful. They roped Justin Timberlake into it, too. And I agree with you - I'd watch the entire thing than a second of freaking Yo Yogi. Yo Yogi is a disgrace.
Actually, Yo Yogi is better than the live-action movie, as Yo Yogi actually has charm (at least for those of you who like the '90s) whereas the live-action movie has dated pop culture references. Especially that Sir Mix-A-Lot gag. It's like another Cat in the Hat. And Yo Yogi has Huckleberry Hound so...

crackmaster

Reaction score
There's this guy on Twitter called "The Critical Outside the Box Thinking Critic." Department of Redundacy Department aside, 99% of his posts are ranting about how much he loves Scoob and the 2021 Tom & Jerry, and he throws a hissyfit if nobody praises them. He tries to connect everything from past Scooby and T&J media to the movies, and even denounces Mystery Incorporated... Why can't he just watch The Godfather or Taxi Driver? Stop dying for this kiddie crap.

Makes my views on Batman & Robin and Trapped in Hyperspace seem like I'm praising ZSJL or The Intruder II...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Never heard of this guy (then again, I'm seriously considering giving up Twitter altogether), but based on your description, he sounds like he's trying way too hard to be the anti-Nostalgia Critic, where his shtick has always been hating everything he reviews.

crackmaster

Reaction score
Never heard of this guy (then again, I'm seriously considering giving up Twitter altogether), but based on your description, he sounds like he's trying way too hard to be the anti-Nostalgia Critic, where his shtick has always been hating everything he reviews.
He hates everything that doesn't praise Scoob or T&J.

crackmaster

Reaction score
OK, I went to the theatre to see Sonic 2 yesterday. Great movie. Knuckles, despite being a lighter version of his Sonic Boom self crossed with Starfire, was adorable. Currently looking everywhere for a Knuckles doll (even though I have one of his Underground self and another of his Classic self.)

Sonic and Tails were adorable too. However, this abomination appeared in the trailers:

This is everything wrong with a kids' movie. Overused fourth wall breaking gags? Check. Fart jokes? Check. Obvious fetish-pandering stuff? Check. And, of course... who's behind it? Nickelodeon Movies!! The same people who made Rango almost ten years ago!! I shouldn't be surprised it's by Nickelodeon, given the weird fetishy stuff they like to put in their kids' shows (The Loud House, SpongeBob seasons 5 and 6, almost anything by Dan Schneider...) And the PLOT seems like it's a ripoff of a WAY better show from almost FIFTY YEARS PRIOR...

Even "Hank" or whoever he's called looks visually similar to Hong Kong Phooey. I would also say it rips off Kung Fu Panda, but it's CLEAR they were going with Hong Kong Phooey. I really wish they had made that animated series in 2018 or so but nope.

Also, is anyone else a fan of cute little Marvin the Martian? Have some horror: