The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
There apparently was a NORM OF THE NORTH sequel, but nobody even knows about it. Why doesn't anybody know about it? Because it went straight to DVD. But on top of that, plans are now also being made for two more sequels, and they're hoping those will see theatrical releases.

Now, the question is this: why? Nobody liked the first one! It was a critical and commercial failure . . . so, how does this even warrant a sequel, let alone justify the expense of producing one? Even a DVD sequel?!
Just watched the trailer for it. The animation is so bad. It somehow looks even worse than the first one.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, this was specifically for DVD, so obviously it's not going to be theatrical-quality animation.

Nevertheless, I can't fathom how the poor performance of the original warranted any form of a sequel.

EDIT: I stand corrected. Evidently, NORM OF THE NORTH actually was a commercial success, earning back twice what its actual budget was . . . so apparently that was enough to justify a sequel.

Last edited:

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Me neither. Guess the studio's just trying to make a few bucks.

Also, I've watched the first Norm of the North, and it is just as bad as everyone said it was.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know what the animation of the sequel reminds me of? The original ICE AGE movie . . . and in 2002, that was considered progress, that was considered advanced (in comparison to previous efforts made by Pixar and such) . . . in 2019, it's just absolutely pathetic.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Now, the question is this: why? Nobody liked the first one! It was a critical and commercial failure . . . so, how does this even warrant a sequel, let alone justify the expense of producing one? Even a DVD sequel?!
Tax write-offs, perhaps?

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can watch that "Last Flight of the Champion" thing people were talking about a while back in this thread? I wanna see just how terrible it is.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
THERE ARE 3 NORM OF THE NORTH SEQUELS.
With another one on the way for 2020

WHO IS WATCHING THIS STUFF!!!

Rugrats1

Reaction score
Man is there going to be a lot of bad animated films this year

So far we've already gotten stuff like;

Wonder Park
Uglydolls
The Secret Life of Pets 2
The Queen's Corgi

And later;
The Lion King
The Angry Birds 2
Arctic Dogs
Spies In Disguise
The PlayMobil Movie

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So here we have two spies: one's a cool black guy, the other's a dumb white guy, their methods and how they approach their work is exactly the opposite of the other's, and yet they're forced to work together on a special mission, where it's quite possible their different approaches will cause them to clash and jeopardize their mission, until they learn to put their differences aside and come together as a team for the greater good, which will most likely cause them to develop a mutual respect for each other and their different ways:

Yeah, how many times have we seen this kind of movie?