The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

Luke kun

Reaction score
It's nigh impossible to find a Ghibli movie without going to an arthouse, and they don't even bother releasing Pokemon ones to theaters anymore.
At least we have the live action Power Rangers and Ghost in the Shell movies right now, but I have no idea if they're any good since I haven't seen them.
I have plans to write a screenplay for an animated Haruhi Suzumiya film, but who knows if they'll give me the license when the time comes - I haven't even finished my Pokemon script yet and I'm only 14.

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
I've been checking recently, and it turns out that I couldn't find showtimes for Spark on some cinema chain sites (mind you, I checked Cineplex, AMC and Carmike) nor could I find any info on the site for its Canadian distributor Entertainment One.

Meanwhile, its US distributor's website, the film's official site and Facebook page say it's still coming out in a few days. Weird.

I'm almost expecting Open Road to delay the film's release at the 11th hour.

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
Scratch that, Spark was released yesterday, but it's only playing at 365 theatres in the States...
...and, shocker of shocks, it wasn't screened for critics.

Last edited:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Scratch that, Spark was released yesterday, but it's only playing at 365 theatres in the States...
...and, shocker of shocks, it wasn't screened for critics.
Spark is nowhere to be found on Box Office Mojo's rankings for Friday, so I suspect some amount of sabotage by the distributor. And it took in less than $50,000 that day, too! :eek:

Here's hoping Nut Job 2, which is from the same studio, gets a similar treatment.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2017-04-14&p=.htm

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=spark17.htm

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
Spark is nowhere to be found on Box Office Mojo's rankings for Friday, so I suspect some amount of sabotage by the distributor. And it took in less than $50,000 that day, too! :eek:
Well, it's worth mentioning that its distributor is owned by two of America's biggest cinema chains, Regal and AMC. I wouldn't be surprised if many of their theaters were among the only ones showing it by proxy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Promotion for SPARK must have been terrible, because I've never even heard of it until now.