The 'What Song Are You Currently Listening To?' Thread

cjd874

Reaction score
The radio station Q104.3 is playing "The Top 1,043 Rock Songs of All Time." So far today I've heard classics by Bob Dylan, the Beatles, Queen, the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, the Who, Tom Petty, Elton John, the Police, Billy Joel, Rush, and the Allman Brothers Band. No better way to end the weekend for me!

Grumpo

Reaction score
It's no secret how much hard work and talent goes into asian pop -- choreography, vocals and instrumentals are meticulously honed to the top-notch standards.

Sometimes though, in addition to all that, you stumble upon something wonderful, with a melody and emotion coming thru in the song (and it's in English), making it very hard to resist.

Here's one of those:

With this song, Trap mutlitalented singer-songwriter Henry Lau of Canada broke into solo career.
Here's what he can do, then, or now.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
This isn't my personal favorite song, but I think it's unbiasedly the greatest song of all-time:

Everyone knows it (maybe some little kids don't)... bury it in a time capsule, for it captures life to perfection.

Grumpo

Reaction score
... bury it in a time capsule, for it captures life to perfection.
Make it a time machine -- the karaoke version of it was dated 1965 =)

Actually, The Verve negotiated rights to use a sample from this recording, but some legal trouble with Rolling Stones management still ensued.
To their credit, Keith Richards said: "If the Verve can write a better song, they can keep the money."
In April 2019, Jagger and Richards signed over all publishing rights for the song to The Verve.

Last edited:

Any Del

Reaction score
The Sesame Fever album: Sesame Fever, Doing the Pigeon, Rubber Duckie and my MOST favorite Trash!