The 'What Song Are You Currently Listening To?' Thread

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Going For The One/Yes

Been on a major 70s prog rock kick lately. Emerson Lake and Palmer, Atomic Rooster, King Crimson, Yes. This song is amazing. I know people can knock Yes, but Jon Anderson has such a great voice and the band certainly could play their instruments really well.

Any other prog rock nerds around these parts?

Puckrox

Reaction score
I'm listening to "Dear John" by Taylor Swift. I really shouldn't, since it reminds me of things that upset me, but it's such a good song. Ugh.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
"Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster the People, and I gotta blame CharlietheOwl for that. :stick_out_tongue: It's catchy.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
"Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster the People, and I gotta blame CharlietheOwl for that. :stick_out_tongue: It's catchy.
My apologies. I sincerely hope that someday I'll be able to make up to you the agony of having to sit through that song. Accept this sad smiley as a token of my sympathy.

:sympathy:

Ozymandias

Reaction score
^ XD

"God Have Mercy (Kyrie Eleison)" - David Crowder Band

Does anyone else think this would make a really good AMV with Rebuild of Evangelion or Puella Magi Madoka Magica?

Yorick

Reaction score
"Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster the People
I haven't looked into them, but I'm wondering if the other tunes on the album with that song have a similar production technique. The song sounds older than it is, which I like. Even if I don't like a song these days, I can appreciate how the artist wants it to have an atmosphere that doesn't scream "overproduced". It's so very rare on mainstream radio these days to hear a song that doesn't sound overproduced, of course.

beaker

Reaction score
As much as it's over played, I dig Foster the People. Reminds me of a lot of the more underground jangly hipster indie rock stuff Im obsessed with.

Not underground at all, but a song I love

beaker

Reaction score
I haven't looked into them, but I'm wondering if the other tunes on the album with that song have a similar production technique. The song sounds older than it is, which I like. Even if I don't like a song these days, I can appreciate how the artist wants it to have an atmosphere that doesn't scream "overproduced". It's so very rare on mainstream radio these days to hear a song that doesn't sound overproduced, of course.
I like "Houdini" and "Helena Beat" the best off Foster the People's Torches album.

For similar bands, check out MGMT's "Oracular Spectacular" album, Empire of the Sun "Walking On a Dream" album or Two Door Cinema Club's new album.