The 'What Song Are You Currently Listening To?' Thread

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I saw this musical... I sort of hated it... I thought it destroyed the series. Everything was so rushed and the actors when I saw it (in London in 2008) weren't that great (oh my god, the Gandalf was awful). Of course, this is my own opinion of it, but yeah, I wasn't a fan. I'll stick with the books and the movies.
The Gandalf I saw was solid, but we'd have seen entirely different ones, I think (unless Toronto's went to London). For the most part, it's the technical wizardry that blew me away - I'm normally a very minimalist kind of guy when it comes to theatre, but every once in a while I like to sit back and be completely dazzled by everything they can throw at me. I stand by the music here, too. Nowhere near as great as Shore's score, but it shows how well the story works in different mediums.

That said - I think it's time to give the BBC radio series a re-listen.

Puckrox

Reaction score
For the most part, it's the technical wizardry that blew me away - I'm normally a very minimalist kind of guy when it comes to theatre, but every once in a while I like to sit back and be completely dazzled by everything they can throw at me. I stand by the music here, too. Nowhere near as great as Shore's score, but it shows how well the story works in different mediums.
Oh yeah. From a technical standpoint it was beautiful. I told my friends that I'd gladly just watch all the set/lighting changes, and maybe some of the effects, over again. No doubt it was a beautiful show, but the actual play itself was a huge let down for me as a LotR nerd.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Barry Manilow - "Christmas is Just Around the Corner"

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Cosmic Love by Florence and the Machine, for the 55th billionth time. :big_grin:

Ozymandias

Reaction score
*sniff* This. :')

One of the best songs ever composed for an anime. :smile:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
David Bowie/"Loving The Alien". It's on a terrible album (Tonight), but it might be my favorite song of his. I really love the build-up to the chorus.

Nick22

Reaction score
"Safe & Sound" - Taylor Swift ft. The Civil Wars

It's the first single from "The Hunger Games" soundtrack. So excited :smile: