The 'What Song Are You Currently Listening To?' Thread

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Summertime- Will Smith (hooray for listening to songs about summer when it's almost Christmas!)

dwmckim

Reaction score
Naturally~Selena Gomez

...what? It's catchy.
Don't give me that look. :confused:
Tell you what, not only will i not give you that look, but i'll also pipe in by saying i think it happens to be an amazing song. Not only is the song itself excellent but when i heard it, i really started to appreciate Selena as a singer. As someone who's studied voice, i can tell you one of the tools that seperate singers from being good to great to outstanding is phrasing and she really gets this.

Puckrox

Reaction score

The Polyphonice Spree's "Reach for the Sun". Beautiful.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
"Til I Die" by The Beach Boys. Brian Wilson was an incredible songwriter, and it's a shame that he wasn't able to fully prosper and take his rightful place with the greats instead of the "great, but...." category with people like Sly Stone.

Puckrox

Reaction score
I'm listening to Tim Minchin's "White Wine in the Sun". It’s not your traditional Christmas song, but it’s still a really nice message about this time of year and family being together.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Got some free time before a few high school friends come over, so I'm listening to this musical:

I had the fortune of seeing this musical (front row, too!) in 2006 while in Toronto. It didn't do especially well - I had heard it was supposed to move to Broadway, but it still hasn't, and I'm pretty sure it hasn't made back its initial budget at all. Yet - it's a pretty incredible piece of theatre. They managed to fit everything into about three and a half hours, and gave every major character great development. The music, by A.R. Rahman (who won an Oscar for Slumdog Millionaire!) is superb, with a great mix of operatic Elf songs and very fun Hobbit numbers. The best part, though? Seeing someone play Gollum/Sméagol on stage. Nowhere as legendary as Andy Serkis, but still, his musical number is really something.

Puckrox

Reaction score
Got some free time before a few high school friends come over, so I'm listening to this musical:

I had the fortune of seeing this musical (front row, too!) in 2006 while in Toronto. It didn't do especially well - I had heard it was supposed to move to Broadway, but it still hasn't, and I'm pretty sure it hasn't made back its initial budget at all. Yet - it's a pretty incredible piece of theatre. They managed to fit everything into about three and a half hours, and gave every major character great development. The music, by A.R. Rahman (who won an Oscar for Slumdog Millionaire!) is superb, with a great mix of operatic Elf songs and very fun Hobbit numbers. The best part, though? Seeing someone play Gollum/Sméagol on stage. Nowhere as legendary as Andy Serkis, but still, his musical number is really something.
I saw this musical... I sort of hated it... I thought it destroyed the series. Everything was so rushed and the actors when I saw it (in London in 2008) weren't that great (oh my god, the Gandalf was awful). Of course, this is my own opinion of it, but yeah, I wasn't a fan. I'll stick with the books and the movies.