The VHS Thread

mariolover

Reaction score
I may break out some of my Land Before Time tapes like The Stone of Cold Fire and watch them over this long break just for some nostalgia. It's been a long time since I've seen those movies.

Today me and my mom are watching The Great Valley Adventure, which is the 2nd Land Before Time movie.

Last edited:

crackmaster

Reaction score
I like PatMac's video about rare and obscure VHS tapes (such as The Legend of McDonaldland Loch and the Special Friends trilogy.) I especially like at the end of the video where he mentions he has a VHS that's 3 minutes of Sonic 3 gameplay, then cuts to an episode of Drake & Josh. I wish I lived in the 1990s so I could do a VHS like that which starts with 3 minutes of Sonic & Knuckles gameplay, then cuts to an episode of Sesame Street and runs into other PBS shows, and THEN cuts to Cartoon Network before ending. I was trying to do that yesterday, but I can't find the Sesame Street episode I want.

mariolover

Reaction score
I hope someday to find the original VHS tapes of MASH, City Lights, The French Connection, Blue Hawaii, The Muppet Movie, and The Great Muppet Caper, all from Magnetic Video Corporation (except for the last one which is from 20th Century Fox Video, but it strangely still has Magnetic's logo on the tape), which was a company in Farmington Hills, Michigan, right by where I'm living right now!

The first 4 tapes I mentioned strangely have no FBI Warning at either the beginning or end, while the last 2 do (The Muppet Movie has it at the beginning, and The Great Muppet Caper has it at the end).

I should go to the local Salvation Army and try to find at least one of those tapes there.

Last edited:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I hope someday to find the original VHS tapes of MASH, City Lights, The French Connection, Blue Hawaii, The Muppet Movie, and The Great Muppet Caper, all from Magnetic Video Corporation (except for the last one which is from 20th Century Fox Video, but it strangely still has Magnetic's logo on the tape), which was a company in Farmington Hills, Michigan, right by where I'm living right now!

The first 4 tapes I mentioned strangely have no FBI Warning at either the beginning or end, while the last 2 do (The Muppet Movie has it at the beginning, and The Great Muppet Caper has it at the end).

I should go to the local Salvation Army and try to find at least one of those tapes there.
I actually do have the 1984 CBS/FOX release of The Great Muppet Caper. This one also has Farmington Hills on the back. Not the original release but still a rather rare find.