The Steven Universe thread

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Oh my goodness, I just saw that episode! It was so adorable and cute and explosive-y and oh my gosh Connie and Steven and Lion oh my! :excited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
This series is absolutely delightful. THIS is why we need to see more female creator based cartoon series. This thing is excellent. It appeals to both boys and girls at the same time. And I just love the truer anime style of the series (none of that "oh, let's throw in some Japanese style wild takes").

I'm very happy they've decided to renew it, even though I doubt we'd see much of a toy line out of it. It's CN... if there's no toy line, unless it gets ubersteller ratings, they see no reason to keep it around. And even if there is one, they'll throw it out the window if it doesn't sell (Thundercats...cough cough cough... seriously Ban-Dai!?!)

Xerus

Reaction score
I always love at the beginning when all 4 Crystal Gems sing the opening theme song. Steven's voice blends in so nicely with the other girls' voices.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Anyone seen the recent episode of the show, Rose's Room, and thought the bunk beds and slide was reference to PB&J Otter.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
I'm still wondering why Rose created a fake Beach City to begin with. Oh Rose, why you so mysterious?

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'm still wondering why Rose created a fake Beach City to begin with. Oh Rose, why you so mysterious?
Maybe she wanted a version of the real world that would work by her rules? That's how I imagine my dream world sometimes. :big_grin:

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Maybe she wanted a version of the real world that would work by her rules?

Hmmm, maybe. Seriously though, as much as I adore this show, I would love to know what exactly happened to her. Buuut on the other hand, I do like how they slowly show us little pieces of Rose's past (either from the Gems or through Steven's own discoveries). I just hope that, if their building up to anything, it could answer a few questions.

Also, can we talk about how great the Gems are? In the last episode, Steven suggests that Garnet could wear his Dad's old golf trousers when they go mini-golfing AND SHE FRICKING WEARS THEM AT THE END OF THE EPISODE LIKE, NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

I just find that so awesome! :fanatic:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmmm, maybe. Seriously though, as much as I adore this show, I would love to know what exactly happened to her. Buuut on the other hand, I do like how they slowly show us little pieces of Rose's past (either from the Gems or through Steven's own discoveries). I just hope that, if their building up to anything, it could answer a few questions.
That's the problem with building something up. Things always tend to get revealed in time (if they actually get the time to reveal it, anyway), but it's a heck of a wait for things like that to be revealed.

If there's one thing I really like about the series is that they don't always have Steven go on their missions, and as such, we don't get to see them. There's a lot of things this show is, but what makes it really stand out for me is that it's a Super Hero/Magic Girl series from the point of view of the sidekick/tag-along kid. And not in a "stop crying, Daniel Witwicky, ya big freakin' baby" sort of way (if you watch Transformers Headmasters, you'd understand). You get to see the aftermath of the Crystal Gems' escapades, and Steven reacting to it, even if he wasn't there.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
There are so many things I love about this show that I couldn't list all in one go, but one thing I like is Steven himself. He's one of those few cartoon characters who has an odd sense of realism to him. I can't really explain it properly but I would no be surprise if he was based on actual kids.

Also, he's very expressive to the point where you feel what he's feeling. Every time he gets excited, even for something as everyday as ice-cream, you can't help but grin. But it's not to the point where it's annoying either.

IDK, he's just become one of my all time favourite characters.