The RHLC!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
sad we won't see a new Fraggle Rock, but i'm happy, it prevents a bad movie as well as my eventual rants about the voices being wrong, and Juhl being a better writer and so on :coy:
That's kind of my feeling as well. There's so much effort put into making new, unproven projects that the older projects which actually could attract new audiences aren't getting enough publicity.

Nekoshema

Reaction score
My major questions are 1) why edgier? 2) Why wreck a good wholesome plot with modernization even if it is older, still good, I mean Thomas the Tank Engine hasn't changed why should Fraggle Rock? 3) WHY NOT HAVE THE ORIGINAL PREFORMERS!

letsee if i can answer these...
1) because watching things go boom is kewl
2) see above... actually it's been proven this generation in general isn't into that sort of thing. Disney has stopped making princess movies because 6 year old girls would rather be like hanna montanna or someone from highschool musical than a princess. so, my guess is a story about world peace told subtley by puppets wouldn't be well marketed... ignoring the fact most the kids who watched the original are in their 20's and 30's and probably have kids of their own.
3) we all know why Richard, Jerry [Juhl] and Jim sadly can't help out, Nelson is retired [although why he can't record the lines and someone else puppeteer idk :smirk:] Dave and Steve are working on the new muppet movie, and as for... [crap, i forget Mokey's muppeteers name, i can see her too] i heard she's doing charity work and hasn't been heard from in quite some time.

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
letsee if i can answer these...
1) because watching things go boom is kewl
2) see above... actually it's been proven this generation in general isn't into that sort of thing. Disney has stopped making princess movies because 6 year old girls would rather be like hanna montanna or someone from highschool musical than a princess. so, my guess is a story about world peace told subtley by puppets wouldn't be well marketed... ignoring the fact most the kids who watched the original are in their 20's and 30's and probably have kids of their own.
3) we all know why Richard, Jerry [Juhl] and Jim sadly can't help out, Nelson is retired [although why he can't record the lines and someone else puppeteer idk :smirk:] Dave and Steve are working on the new muppet movie, and as for... [crap, i forget Mokey's muppeteers name, i can see her too] i heard she's doing charity work and hasn't been heard from in quite some time.
I know *makes a pouty face* I just wish I could have lived when this stuff was in it's hay day. *tears up* WHY!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
2) actually it's been proven this generation in general isn't into that sort of thing. Disney has stopped making princess movies because 6 year old girls would rather be like hanna montanna or someone from highschool musical than a princess. so, my guess is a story about world peace told subtley by puppets wouldn't be well marketed...
Yeah but it's not as simple as "this is what the audience is into." It's easier for the studios to make mindless projects than actually put effort into them so that's all they give the kids today.

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
Yeah but it's not as simple as "this is what the audience is into." It's easier for the studios to make mindless projects than actually put effort into them so that's all they give the kids today.
Too true. :frown:

Nekoshema

Reaction score
yep, you've got a point. somewhere in the past 20 year [i find anyway] we've begun talking down to children, giving them whatever they want, filling their days with activities and so on and so forth. this has been dubbed 'the me generation' every generation before had a name, so since this one [generally] are unsocial [face to face i mean], texting, email, little physical activity, and rather spoiled. [incidentally, generation x ruled!... or was i generation y? i was teetering on the edge] i'm not saying everyone falls under this, but in general, kids are like this, so they have been dubbed this.

myself, i believe this is a fad that will pass and eventually things will go back to normal. with the invention of dvd box sets, we can show our kids stuff from our childhood in the hopes they'll be as cool as us. doubtful, no one's cooler than us :wink: lol

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
yep, you've got a point. somewhere in the past 20 year [i find anyway] we've begun talking down to children, giving them whatever they want, filling their days with activities and so on and so forth. this has been dubbed 'the me generation' every generation before had a name, so since this one [generally] are unsocial [face to face i mean], texting, email, little physical activity, and rather spoiled. [incidentally, generation x ruled!... or was i generation y? i was teetering on the edge] i'm not saying everyone falls under this, but in general, kids are like this, so they have been dubbed this.

myself, i believe this is a fad that will pass and eventually things will go back to normal. with the invention of dvd box sets, we can show our kids stuff from our childhood in the hopes they'll be as cool as us. doubtful, no one's cooler than us :wink: lol
Now [un]fortunately I was one of those supposed to be 'me generation' babies [1995] and I just happened to have a mother who bought every single Muppet VHS she could get her hands on.
The reason I say [un]fortunately is because 1) 'Sides Mom I'm the only one that likes them 2) People in my grade school picked on me for it 3) I just want to be understood by my peers and I'll make a reference and no one gets it.
the reason I'm fortunate, 1) I found you guys 2) Richard still makes me laugh 3) I know [arguably] all the words to every Muppet song 4) I'm peaceful. 5) I can be an individual. 6) I kept my innocence and wonderment beyond 7 so Richard, he'd be really happy to know that it's almost all because of him.
God Bless you Richard. :flirt:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I should point out that the 1970's was dubbed the "Me Decade" and the 1980's was the "Greed Decade," lol. I do remember reading in Child Psychology class an expert blaming the 1970's for encouraging reward without achievement in children. Basically parents had been so strict and harsh in previous decades that there was a backlash of parents being too lenient.

I do agree that it will eventually balance itself out. Also, every generation is considered the worse, never fails. :wink:

Btw I do understand that people need to communicate face to face. But as a very socially ill at ease person I am often grateful for the invention of the text message, lol.

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
You and me both. :big_grin: Okay, I may not have revealed this BUT I am a poet and I wrote this today when I got bored and my mind started to wander to . . . dun dun DUN . . . Junior Gorg. Then I was thinking about Richard and how much he's inspired me so I wrote this:

The Rose:
I was once a bud,
Nothing but a seed,
Your's the wings that carry me.
The music that you sang,
The enchandment that you gave,
Dazzled and amazed me.

You've lead me though the winter snow.
And warmed me by your sunny glow.
Your laughter still makes me smile.
You're watching over me tonight.

It was the start you gave,
The push behind me,
That you made.
The laugh, the grin, the light
You shined
In my life.

I'm like a rose in winter.
Now, it is spring.
Waiting for your light. I'm watching.
You gave me your shoul and passion,
Like water in the heat,
Tended me, and loved me,
You empowered me and gave me strength.

You reached into the heart of a dormant earth,
And kept it turning for this flower.
Your song reached down to my roots and sustaind,
The rose,
This spring flower.

She blooms in beauty now.
For the man who knew her before she knew his name.
The one who others watched fall,
That he picked up again.
Shattered peices of worthless dust,
He saw a diamond in the rough.
Nearly lost before seven was she,
But he saw somethng,
In the pettles of this deep red rose.
So now she blooms,
In his garden. . .
Among the radishes and beats,
Is his prized flower,
A single rose.