The RHLC!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, Janice needs to have lead vocals more often - it's usually Dr. Teeth or Floyd who gets the lead...except when Animal fights his way into the foreground. :halo:
Also want give a shout out for Janice's portion of "Little Saint Nick" in the John Denver Christmas album. :flirt:

Nekoshema

Reaction score
hey i'm back, speaking of the john denver christmas thingie, fletchy showed me a song with john and scooter singing, i never heard the song before ever [i mean, i didn't even know it existed... the peace song i think :confused:] but it was one of the most beautiful things i have ever heard :flirt:

my favourite song Richard sang... i know i haven't heard them all and i'll probably forget some lol but six-string orchestra would probably be it if we're going for solo's... just one person from Jim's Memorial is another great one... ^_^ simon smith is another one i love

glad to hear everyones been doing well, sorry i haven't been on, just didn't have much to say at the time i guess :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
hey i'm back, speaking of the john denver christmas thingie, fletchy showed me a song with john and scooter singing, i never heard the song before ever [i mean, i didn't even know it existed... the peace song i think :confused:] but it was one of the most beautiful things i have ever heard :flirt:
Oh definitely have to mention "The Peace Carol," gorgeous and very comforting. :wink:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
my favourite song Richard sang... i know i haven't heard them all and i'll probably forget some lol but six-string orchestra would probably be it if we're going for solo's... just one person from Jim's Memorial is another great one... ^_^ simon smith is another one i love

glad to hear everyones been doing well, sorry i haven't been on, just didn't have much to say at the time i guess :wink:
Hi, Nekoshema, welcome back - I know the feeling. Sometimes the well of conversation runs dry - but more often than not, work gets in the way as well.

Yeah, "Simon Smith" is a good one, ditto "Six-String..." Let's see...from FR, I like "Is it True," sung by the Wizard...and I really love "Fly Free and High" from "Wembley's Flight." Sometimes I play that scene back a few times just so I can hear Richard sing it again. :wink:

I'm looking at your signature, heralde - you listening to George Harrison these days? :sing:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm looking at your signature, heralde - you listening to George Harrison these days? :sing:
Nice job, MN! Yeah he's actually been my favorite Beatles for years, pretty much since I first discovered them in 1995 (the year of the Anthology). I really find his songs about spirituality comforting.

Just to make this Muppet related, lol, there's a photo of George in the '70s with a Kermit doll on his head, most likely from when he guest starred on Saturday Night Live (same outfit).

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Beatles (scroll down)

I've also read an interview presumably around the same time with his wife Olivia posing the Kermit doll doing a mediation pose, hehe.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I'm with you - of all the Beatles I'd have to say George is my favorite. When I was first learning to play guitar, I found myself gravitating to his songs. And besides, "Here Comes the Sun" has been one of my favorites since I was a little kid.

And that's a really cute photo of George with Kermit on his head. :smile:

It is a shame they couldn't get the Beatles on TMS - that would have been one heck of a show.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Awfully quiet around here lately - guess everyone's hibernating one last time before spring gets here?

Speaking of the Muppets, the Beatles and the instances where Richard sang, I just remembered the sketches with the Beetles - those were pretty good. Richard was pretty much dead-on as the lead singer, I think.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe... You know, I always liked the sketch for the song Thinking Of U, it's perhaps the obscure appearance for the Beetles. I laugh when the one playing the drums says: "It's U! Run lads, or we'll be crushed!"
*Leaves Mexican chocolate filled doughnuts. :insatiable:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Awfully quiet around here lately - guess everyone's hibernating one last time before spring gets here?

Speaking of the Muppets, the Beatles and the instances where Richard sang, I just remembered the sketches with the Beetles - those were pretty good. Richard was pretty much dead-on as the lead singer, I think.
Lol, yeah it has been really quiet! Actually I went to a concert last night celebrating John Lennon's 70th birthday, lol. Funny thing, they played a lot of his more elaborate solo songs, but what REALLY got the audience excited was when they played the early Beatle hits like "This Boy." Not the deepest, most complicated song they ever did, but clearly one of the most beloved. :smile:

Speaking of beloved, there's The Beetles' famous "Letter B"!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fei0SCasFcQ

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lol, funny thing happened to me today. I tried using Pandora Radio for the first time, and tried typing in Muppets. But unfortunately "Muppets" was attached to "Disney" so I didn't exactly get what I was looking for. So then I tried typing in "Jim Henson." And would you believe it, the very first song that I heard was Gladys singing "Proud to be a Cow!"

Now I thought, "Oh cool, the first song and it's one of Richard's!" But then the next three songs weren't Muppets, so I kept skipping them, thinking maybe she wouldn't work out after all. But after those three, what do I hear? The Captain Vegetable song! Two Richard songs in a row! :wink: