The RHLC!

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
I'll bet - there's that one photo of the two of them gleefully mugging for the camera with Junior. And I wonder if Richard competed with the others to see who could make people snort their drinks up their noses, or something like that.

That's okay, Frackles - life has a habit of getting in the way for all of us. It's a basic law of the universe.
Why can I just see him doing that? I teared up when I talked about him in my speech. :cry:

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
So the other day my sister and I were 'Your Face'ing each other in the car and my little brother was giggling so hard. Then my other sister makes some comment about star wars and my sister and I turn and look at each other and giggle out "STAR WARS YOUR FACE!" I think we made a certain puppeteer very happy.
The sister who I was doing it with and I ALWAYS fight and it's very rare when we joke about the same thing.

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
Aw that's really great, Richard's comebacks bringing families together, hehe. :wink:
Oh it was so funny it was like he was watching out for us. You see I wasn't born when he was around in fact 3 years and 2 days later there was me. 1/9/1995 but there are days when I just feel like he's a part of who I am because I was touched by his characters when I was just such a young girl. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if there was a January 7th when I was curled up with hot chocolate and the Fraggles as a little girl. I just remember and I will never forget the good times and stuff. The bubbles, the garden, the way my siblings doused me while I was watering the garden, how furious I was after that, my fasination with bells, my coffee addiction, my accident proneness, the list goes on. I guess, I feel like there's always been somebody there to toss me back on my feet when I was at risk of falling over.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
but there are days when I just feel like he's a part of who I am because I was touched by his characters when I was just such a young girl.
Oh I definitely identify, I've often felt that way too. :smile:

"I'm so glad that you love me too, cause I've loved you since you were a tadpole and I was a fish." :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh sorry, that's from the Julie Andrews episode of Muppet Show. It's actually a song she wrote herself and then sung for Kermit. But it really reminded me of my childhood history with the Muppets:

"When you were a tadpole and I was a fish
when the whole world had barely begun
I saw you swim by with a smile in your eye
and I loved you from that moment on.

And through all the changes from fins into fingers
I longed for the day you would be
the sweet, lovely person you've finally become
from that far away day in the sea
And my first wish...
That you'd love me too
cause I've loved you since you were a tadpole
and I was a fish.

I'm so glad that you love me too
and I was a fish." :smile:

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
Oh sorry, that's from the Julie Andrews episode of Muppet Show. It's actually a song she wrote herself and then sung for Kermit. But it really reminded me of my childhood history with the Muppets:

"When you were a tadpole and I was a fish
when the whole world had barely begun
I saw you swim by with a smile in your eye
and I loved you from that moment on.

And through all the changes from fins into fingers
I longed for the day you would be
the sweet, lovely person you've finally become
from that far away day in the sea
And my first wish...
That you'd love me too
and I was a fish.

I'm so glad that you love me too
and I was a fish." :smile:
It's sounds so pretty. It reminds me of something . . . oh never mind I'm already too sappy.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's sounds so pretty. It reminds me of something . . . oh never mind I'm already too sappy.
You should watch the episode to see how Kermit describes it, hehe. :smile:

All I could think of the first time I heard it was sitting at home as a kid watching Great Muppet Caper and Muppets Take Manhattan. It's like they were always there, you know?

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
You should watch the episode to see how Kermit describes it, hehe. :smile:

All I could think of the first time I heard it was sitting at home as a kid watching Great Muppet Caper and Muppets Take Manhattan. It's like they were always there, you know?
Yeah. :smile: I guess for me the lyrics remind me of . . . okay as a kid I had this hat. I took it EVERYWHERE and I called it my Travelin' Matt hat and I would wear it to every vacation and every everything. It was like my favorite thing. So now when I watch the Muppets I always think about my first adventures as Shannon Gobo Dannon : Explorer. Yeah it's dorky I know.