The RHLC!

Nekoshema

Reaction score
Me: Janice has been around since the start of The Muppet Show. But her character didn't take off until Richard Hunt became her puppeteer in season 2.
Sister: Because Richard Hunt is awesome?
Me: Bingo.
lol, sharp kid :wink:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Ok I just HAVE to share this. For the longest time, because of Richard, I've been dying for the chance to use "Your Face!" as a comeback in a real-life setting. Tonight it finally happened! I stood up for my friend and told the girl who was teasing her, "YOUR FACE!" and the girl looked and me and pretended she was furious LOL... she took it quite well. I was pleased with the outcome. This excites me greatly!
That's the spirit, HeyButtahfly!

I do wonder where Richard came up with "Your face." Maybe he was looking for a comeback/witty retort that would be uniquely his...and perhaps throw people for a loop. That sounds about right.

Then too, maybe he also wanted a comeback that he could spout off when there were kids in the room (something you've got to take into account when working on SST, after all).

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
By the way, I've got a cute story involving Richard. I let my little sister read my Muppet Peter Pan Trade Paperback and she loved Janice as Wendy. So, she started asking me questions about Janice. Then this conversation happened:

Me: Janice has been around since the start of The Muppet Show. But her character didn't take off until Richard Hunt became her puppeteer in season 2.
LOL, very cute. And don't we all just absolutely love Janice? And Beaker. And Scooter. :wink::flirt::eek:

Kiki

Reaction score
Ok I just HAVE to share this. For the longest time, because of Richard, I've been dying for the chance to use "Your Face!" as a comeback in a real-life setting. Tonight it finally happened! I stood up for my friend and told the girl who was teasing her, "YOUR FACE!" and the girl looked and me and pretended she was furious LOL... she took it quite well. I was pleased with the outcome. This excites me greatly!
Awww, that's awesome. :smile: Note to self: say "your face!" sometime this week. It's been a while. D:

Lol, that is awesome. Kudos. I've used "Your face!" on people once or twice and it does stun them for a bit.

By the way, I've got a cute story involving Richard. I let my little sister read my Muppet Peter Pan Trade Paperback and she loved Janice as Wendy. So, she started asking me questions about Janice. Then this conversation happened:

Awww, adorable! And awesome. :wink: Your sister has something going for her I reckon. :wink:

The CD i am making is called "Your Face!"
Ah, good name. Has the tracklist been organised yet or not? Either way, sounds like a great idea!

Nekoshema

Reaction score
I do wonder where Richard came up with "Your face." Maybe he was looking for a comeback/witty retort that would be uniquely his...and perhaps throw people for a loop. That sounds about right.

Then too, maybe he also wanted a comeback that he could spout off when there were kids in the room (something you've got to take into account when working on SST, after all).
they both make excellent theories in my opinion, but i think the first one is correct, cuz i think i heard Jane say once he use to say it as a kid.[could be wrong though] but either way, it's a great comeback, i love saying it. it only works in shock value once though, many times i try it again and i'm attacked with curses and insults... doesn't matter though cuz all i'm hearing in my head is 'hee-hee, i said your face and look how mad they are. i wonder what would happen if i say it again.' :wink: [normally a black eye]

we should ask Jane about it, i'm sure she wouldn't mind... i couldn't do it though, i'd be far too nervous i'd say something i shouldn't, because i've got so many questions about the man, i'll more than likely ask something dumb [well, not dumb, but dumb to ask, you know?] i do that a lot, i'm inquisitive by nature

Mr Devco

Reaction score
Ah, good name. Has the tracklist been organised yet or not? Either way, sounds like a great idea!
Thank you. I have not organized the collection yet because I'm still low on songs. I have a strict rule for myself to fill at least an hours worth of time with my mixes. I have 38 minuets and 48 seconds.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Haven't been here in a little bit and just learned of the CD "Your Face", that sounds like a great idea, Mr. Devco! :smile: I have mp3's of "Simon Smith and his Amazing Dancing Bear" (sung by Scooter & Fozzie), "Mr. Bassman" (Floyd & Scooter) and "There's a New Sound" (Scooter) if you don't have them and/or if they'd make a good addition for you :wink:

BTW, gang. I recently stumbled onto a Richard Hunt entry on the site Puppet Wikia and there is a screencap of Richard I've never seen before -

http://puppet.wikia.com/wiki/File:Richard_Hunt.jpg

Just wondering, does anyone know where it's from?

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Haven't been here in a little bit and just learned of the CD "Your Face", that sounds like a great idea, Mr. Devco! :smile: I have mp3's of "Simon Smith and his Amazing Dancing Bear" (sung by Scooter & Fozzie), "Mr. Bassman" (Floyd & Scooter) and "There's a New Sound" (Scooter) if you don't have them and/or if they'd make a good addition for you :wink:

BTW, gang. I recently stumbled onto a Richard Hunt entry on the site Puppet Wikia and there is a screencap of Richard I've never seen before -

http://puppet.wikia.com/wiki/File:Richard_Hunt.jpg

Just wondering, does anyone know where it's from?
Yes - it's from the documentary "Down at Fraggle Rock." In it, Richard talks about what it was like to be a director for the first time, as well as what it was like to play Junior Gorg.

The photo also shows up at the end of one 1993 SST episode, which the crew had dedicated to Richard's memory. So it's there with the caption, "In Memory of Richard Hunt: 1951-1992."