The RHLC!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, thought Love is Neverending was a stand-alone story. Oh well.
Would love to read more from you Sara, especially if it were more to add to The Prediciment... But take your time, never mind this playful poke with the nagging stick.

*Disappears back into the ether. :scary:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Hmm, thought Love is Neverending was a stand-alone story. Oh well.
Would love to read more from you Sara, especially if it were more to add to The Prediciment... But take your time, never mind this playful poke with the nagging stick.

*Disappears back into the ether. :scary:
As I remember Ed, Sara did indeed state when she first began the said story that it would not officially be a part of her Sadie's Stories saga. Though there are a few small brief references to the events of her epic Muppet masterpiece which tie it in by implication as a sequel of sorts. And it is a beautiful story with a few elements of tragedy in the conclusion. I won't spoil anything for those who haven't read it yet.

Maybe one day you will be able to publish it as a companion piece Sara.:smile:

Nekoshema

Reaction score
I love MTI! I think I saw that in the theater but I can't remember either. That movie still makes me laugh out loud though.
Like: "Dead Tom is dead! Long John shot him!"
"Dead Tom has always been dead. That's why he's called 'Dead Tom'."
"Oh." [Drops him.]
lol. my sister did a review of the book treasure island and compared the differences between muppets and the book. apparently there was a tom that long john kills. [:cry: but why dead tom! i loved dead tom!] she also made this part where when miss piggie says "Loooooong John" she put Rizzo right after saying "And this is suppose to be a kids movie" :wink:

Hee, my Mom's favorite Muppet is Rizzo because of MCC.
my mom likes Rizzo too, she finds him rather cute. you remember muppets tonight? [that's the name right?] where my mom's favourite skit is Gonzo and Rizzo talking about safety, and Rizzo had to put his nose in a pencil sharpener.

my family says mom and me are either [depending on the situation] statler and waldorf, or gonzo and rizzo, because mom always loves going on roller coasters and stuff but my stomach can't take them, so whenever she pulls me onto on she's laughing and i'm screaming and when we get off, if she's laughing i turn to her and asked 'i suppose you enjoyed that!' or i'll look at my family wide eyed and say 'that was the worse trip of my life' [oh well, if i could handle those rides, i'd go on every one, but i can't so i keep away]

my mom's favourite muppet though is Rowlf. i guess that's why he's my second or third favourite muppet :sympathy: [good ol brown eyes] my sister never had a favourite muppet, so she never understood why mom and i got so upset when we didn't see our's [Scooter and Rowlf] on muppets tonight, or in movies [her's not talking. mine not even in the background]

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Yeah, I read somewhere - might have been on one of the tribute articles for Richard here on MC - that on MT, they put a photo of Scooter on the studio wall.

I imagine that because Scooter and Rowlf represented so much of the spirit of Richard and Jim, and because the loss of those two was still relatively fresh, I guess the Muppet crew was still uncertain of how best to bring the characters back.

The Muppets made their way into my dreams last night - amid everything else, I dreamed that I was in the audience of the Muppet Theater for the TMS opening. And it went through without a hitch - right up until Gonzo blew his horn, and the proscenium arches all started collapsing and everyone started falling all over the stage. No injuries, though.

Right after that was a Muppet Labs sketch where Beaker consumed another one of Bunsen's mysterious potions - but this one made Beaker's hair turn different colors all at once, and Beaker mostly sat there, murmuring a series of "mee-mee-mee's."

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, I read somewhere - might have been on one of the tribute articles for Richard here on MC - that on MT, they put a photo of Scooter on the studio wall.
That's in the epilogue scene of the Tony Bennett episode. I can see it clearly on my video taped off television.

Nekoshema

Reaction score
That's in the epilogue scene of the Tony Bennett episode. I can see it clearly on my video taped off television.
that's cool. i remember hearing that too. i sadly don't remember much of MT, although i watched every episode with my family as a kid, i only remember Rizzo's nose being put in the pencil sharpener... and he wore a green jacket i think :smirk:

Mr Devco

Reaction score
I'm currently compiling a hour long (2 if needed) tribute CD called "Your Face!: A Richard Hunt Fanthology" if anyone has mp3s that I can use please let me know.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have noticed recently... It's widely sourced that Richard Hunt didn't like performing Elmo, but there doesn't seem to be very many info on how he felt about his other Sesame Street characters, does there? I know that on The MuppetCast Kevin Clash said that he didn't really like Forgetful Jones until the "Oklahoma" sketch (from season 20), but I don't think there's been anything discussing how he felt about Sully, Gladys, Placido Flamingo, Two-Headed Monster, Don Music, and others. I have a feeling he enjoyed most of those characters (though Sully was a quiet character...). I think there have been things talking about how he felt about his non-Sesame characters like Scooter, Junior Gorg, and Beaker.

It's also interesting that Richard felt Elmo was quiet... He seems to be a loud character to me. In fact there are at least two sketches that are about Elmo being loud (one being from, I think, season 17, not too long after Richard gave the character up... I wonder if that script might have been written when Richard was performing Elmo).

Nekoshema

Reaction score
I'm currently compiling a hour long (2 if needed) tribute CD called "Your Face!: A Richard Hunt Fanthology" if anyone has mp3s that I can use please let me know.
that's so cool :wink: i'd like to check that out. i do have a couple MP3s of songs [sadly, not Simon Smith] but i got those off youtube, so some are not the best quality, like Mr. Bassman, had Statler and Waldorf at the end, but Six String Orchestra is quite good

minor muppetz, i'm not sure myself how he felt about the other characters, i bet he loved the Two-Headed Monster because he could act silly with Jerry [of course, i could just think that cuz i love the Two-Headed Monster :wink:]

Mr Devco

Reaction score
I found a blog recently that had a ton of the out of print albums as well as DVD audio rips. so far I've gone through the first 3 season rips of the Muppet show and excluding the Wayne & Wandas I only found 4 really good songs for him along with the audio of when scooter introduces himself which i will use to start the mix. I'm going to go though the fraggle dvd audio rips next.