The RHLC!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
The Richard Hunt Lover's Club

This is the new thread for all who appreciate and love the man behind the gofer:

Richard Hunt.

Personally my favorite memories is actually not of Scooter, but of Forgetful Jones, who I didn't know was done by Richard until a while back. He would always mess up his lines, and screw everything up, it was so funny!!! Then there was Don Music, man, oh man. My dad seems to act like him, trying to bang out stuff on the piano all the time, but he gets so frustrated, I can see him banging his head on it, instead of his hands.

But then finally, the muppet who *was* Richard, Scooter. I just love the guy. I'm also glad he'll be brought out of retirement again, kudos to Rickey Boyd! He's doing quite well, from what I've seen in MWoO.

So, post all your memories, appreciations, and loves for that sweet man that was the heart of the muppets; Richard Hunt.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I think if my memory serves me right that Richard was the voice of Junior Gorg in Fraggle Rock. And I'm positive that he was the voice of Janice. I'm not an expert on his characters but he was certainly an integral member of the team.
I think he also performed regularly alongside Jim as the voice of Statler while Jim did Waldorf.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
My first vaguely slightly romance-oriented dream in a bit was of, well, it was of Sweetums. I know, it's odd.

Also, he performed Beaker, of course. Beaker is a very complex, complicated soul if you look into it. At least that's what I've heard. And Steve Whitmire, if I'm correct that he's still performing him, is doing a rully good job. :smile:

Richard is by far my favorite Muppeteer, and may he rest in peace. :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What's the muppets without Richard Hunt? I really miss him, but I'm glad to see his characters are starting to make come backs like Scooter and Janice.

I must say, I found his performance as Crazy Harry in the pilot of The Muppet Show was quite interesting.

It's really sad that he died, but thankfully his fandom seems to still be holding steady after all these years.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
MeepBorkMeep said:
My first vaguely slightly romance-oriented dream in a bit was of, well, it was of Sweetums. I know, it's odd.

Also, he performed Beaker, of course. Beaker is a very complex, complicated soul if you look into it. At least that's what I've heard. And Steve Whitmire, if I'm correct that he's still performing him, is doing a rully good job. :smile:

Richard is by far my favorite Muppeteer, and may he rest in peace. :wink:
Steve rully (first time I've said it like Janice) rully has an easy task of following Richard's performance of Beaker. After all surely anybody could make the appropriate meemeemeep sound:wink:
But I agree with Snowthy. His presence among the muppets in general will naturally be sorely missed and we shall never forget him.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
Steve rully (first time I've said it like Janice) rully has an easy task of following Richard's performance of Beaker. After all surely anybody could make the appropriate meemeemeep sound:wink:
Heehee, well...yeah. Guess that's true. Though I remember reading that he did have some trouble with the character concept of Beaker because he didn't know exactly...what part of Richard Beaker's character came from...so he didn't have much to start with besides old tapes. That's just what I read, don't hold it against me, please. :eek:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I always loved Don Music. I read that Richard stopped performing him long before he died because the writers were afraid that kids would mimic his violent behavior at home. I've never done that onc....oh no I spelled it wrong! NO NO NO!!! WRONG!!! *bangs head on computer keyboard*
Ok....so maybe I've done it once...don't worry, I'll be fine...

But seriously, Richard was a great performer and I am definately a fan.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
*grins* Brilliant idea, Renee. Kudos to you.

I'm with you on the Scooter love thing (why else do you think I made my website?); in fact, you may find you have some stiff competition from me :wink:

However, two other of Richard's characters have become "near and dear" to me in recent years - The Wild Impresario of Ghost of Faffner Hall, and Gillis "The Maestro" Fraggle. The latter was once referred to, in another thread somewhere on this board, as the "Don Music" of Fraggle Rock. As for Wild, I feel he is something of an overlooked character mostly because of the fact that not many have seen (or remember) the Faffner Hall series. But I like them not only because they're Richard's characters, but because of their love of music.

-Kim

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
*HUGE HUGS TO SKEETERMUPPET*

That's YOUR website!! Oh my goodness. A lot of how I base Skeeter is actually taking cues from your decription of her!!!

As a great fan of Scooter, I must ask. What is the prompt for him to be singing "There's a New Sound". Somebody sent me that song, and....I was fluxommed when I first heard it.

Worms. XD

*Hugs again* I love your website!!