The RHLC!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
*grins, is hugged* Glad you like the website. I've still got a lot more to put into it though (finishing the season 1 episode/appearance guide, not to mention PICTURES). And really? That's cool.

As for "There's a New Sound"...don't really know. I do know that Scooter performed the song in the Cheryl Ladd episode in Season 3, but that's about it.

-Kim

Beauregard

Reaction score
Don't forget to check out "Your Face" (do a MC search).

But, yey! New Club! *adds it to my BBB! and SWAEHB credidentials*

Whopieeee!

Yey for Beaker, he is MUCH harder to do than you would think! I have tried writing for him, and doing voice clips of him for stuff, but really he does have a more complicated character than "Mememe!"

Bea:zany:{Moumoumou!}regard

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm ashamed to admit I hadn't heard of Richard until a few years ago. That changed after reading the informative and very touching Tribute section of Muppet Central. I think I was intrigued by his story, how he was only 18 when he joined the Muppets and ended up such an important member of the group (It goes to show what you can do with talent and determination).
He definitely seemed to represent a lot of the Muppet's edge, something they've lost nowadays.

Of course, whether I knew his name or not, I've heard his voice my whole life, through the various characters he helped create. They were an important part of our childhoods. From knowing nothing about him, Richard has definitely become my favorite Muppet performer (and I'm not alone). :wink:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Yah! A bit of a grisly thought, not too bad but....has anyone ever thought to try to visit Richard's grave? *shrugs* I just saw that he was actually buried not cremated, and I was thinking, I might be going up to New York later this year, and if it's public. (Which I bet it's not.) I'd get some flowers and set them on his grave. (Or in the flowerholder, whichever it would turn out to be.)

Is it wrong to want to do that? Cause...I'm not sure.

Get some flowers, and go to his grave. Just...to sit down, and...talk with him. He may be gone, but I believe that they will hear you. Honor him somehow, perhaps play a song on my saxophone or something.

:wink:

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
No, of course it's not wrong. I'm sure lots of people do that. Now if his family is there, that might be a little awkward. But I think he can hear you, and it would be a nice gesture. :big_grin:

Oh, btw, I asked Terry Angus on the Ask Fraggle Rock's Terry Angus thread about Richard, and he wrote back. You might want to check it out. You know that Richard performs Beaker by inhaling the "Meemeemee" sound? Try it, it makes it sound a lot better. I mean, you might cough up a vocal chord, but other than that... :eek:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Yeah! I read that eariler today, and it was pretty cool!! My goodness...I just tried it, and I can't seem to get any sound out at all!

*coughs* I think I hacked my lung out doing that. *picks up lung and swallows it again* There we go. XD

Just pratice it and yeah, that makes sense. Also having a mic right in front of your face also projects the noise. I wonder if Steve Whitmire does that with Beaker now? (If he does Beaker, which I think he does.)

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Yeah, he does. He said he was having issues with it, but got it eventually, I believe.

It took me a couple tries, but I did get it. I mean, it starts out all airy like, but then it'll turn into completely Beaker. I got it at lunch, and kind of freaked everyone out...but it's their problem. /I/ can sound like Beaker now. :eek: :big_grin:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Having bad sinuses and trying Beaker dosn't work too well. I almost choked myself. XD We'll I'm still trying. I can do a passable imitation of Scooter. At least my friends think so. XD And they also have remarked that I hit Janice straight on the nail. It's probably when I normally talk, I don't sound distinctly like a female. XD

Even though I am.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
How do you do an imitation of Scooter? I can do a pretty good Kermit, but then again, it's not that hard.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I talk normally like Scooter, I just change the inflection a bit shallower, and I have learned the dips and highs of his voice. It's not that great, but when I sing 'beside' Scooter, none of my friends can tell that I'm singing. And I'm normally louder then he is!