The RHLC!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Hey guys! My book "The Hearts Voyage" is ready for purchase!

The Heart's Voyage

Just click the above link and you can purchase the novel if you'd like. Geez, I'm just shamelessly plugging my book, sorry about that. But uh, I do get NO profit off of it for myself honestly. It's just for whomever to enjoy.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
It's just Sadie's Stories with a new title. That's all. Sorry that I didn't elaborate on that! :embarrassed:

Kiki

Reaction score
i love simon smith and it too feels bittersweet for me sometimes.
[i may go out tomorrow if i can borrow a coat to wear... dang, now it's in my head!] i don't know if it's morbid or what, but the version sung at jim's funeral is my favourite... actually, all those songs sound better to me, maybe they were doing there best for him?

and i remember being around 5 when my aunt first played muppet christmas carrol for my sister and i [told you my whole family loves the muppets] and i remember seeing 'in loving memory of Jim Henson and Richard Hunt' [now, my whole life mom's told me Jim's dead, so i never really felt... i guess sad, it was just a fact of life, he died when i was, like 9 months old] but i remember reading it and yelling "who's Richard Hunt!" and i spent the rest of the day asking family members who he was, and people guessed he was a friend or something. fast forward 13 years, and about a minute after my sister told me he died, i remembered the video [cuz up to that point i fast forwarded through the 'in loving memory' i used to fast forward and be like 'preview, preview, muppet movie, seen movie, wanna see muppet movie, in loving memory of jim and some dude blah, blah, credits, credits, credits, gonzo!'] so i threw it in and fast forwarded to the 'in loving memory' and paused it. seeing those words after i knew about him hurt so much. i guess it hurt knowing now two amazing people died so close together.

and yes, the movie is rather bittersweet, but it's really good. one of my favourites in fact. even though they were now grieving over the lost of Richard as well, they wanted to do right by their friends. that's why, even as a kid, i found the part with tiny tim dying seemed so real [and i can't stand tiny tim! it's only in the muppet version i feel sad]

oh, and Kiki, my room is cluttered but organized, so i understand lol. my friend always says 'in the madness there is organization' because we have messy rooms, but in one pile we keep books to read, another is artwork, so on so forth. :wink:
Sounds awesome. c:My room used to have "organised clutter", but now, I must confess, it's just terribly messy. x33 I've been brainstorming ideas for my art so I've been getting out old artowork, costumes and the like- heehee.

I adore the film, it is definately a fave of mine. Hm, might watch it tonight, actualleh. x33 It's very sad, and... it has a very different vibe about it compared to the other Muppet movies. It was sort of a new start for the Muppets, a re-birth... if you like. I saw some of the muppeteers like Steve discussing something along those lines on the special features on the DVD. Unfortunately Richard wasn't menchioned (*sob*), but to me they seemed a little lost before MCC, sort of stray. I think the production sort of broke the ice and lead them onto the right track.

My mum got me the record of TMS (from season 1) at an op-shop when I was about eight. When finding out about Richard's death (as I said, I was about 11 or 12), I played the record and when "Simon Smith..." came on I... I kinda just sulked. Same with "Halfway up the Stairs"... I don't get why I get teary with that song, maybe because Jerry and Richard were close...? xP I dunno.

Aww, I wish my family knew the name of muppeteers, heehee. Oh, well, they do now, because of me. ;3 They know Jim (duh), but it wasn't until I was about 10 or 11 that I knew the names of "the main" muppeteers (dave, Steve, Jerry, Richard, etc), but being brought up on a steady diet of Star Wars, I knew of Frank Oz from a very young age, heehee.

Oh, I think that's a nice story. Sisters can fight a lot so I approve when they find things in common. Honestly, I've cried over Richard too. Well, not just him. The first time I watched the Jim Henson Memorial... I sobbed. By the way, I agree that the songs sung at the funeral sound. Maybe it's because you can see their faces. I know I like the Simon Smith (with my sincere smile and my dancing bear...) because of the faces Richard made.

Don't worry, I think that's cool too! I think doing a coarse on screen sounds cool in general. And, haha, I don't mind my sisters being annoyed. They're a lot younger than I am so they don't quite understand a performer/characters dynamic. I still talk their ear off and got them to like muppets. Their favorite characters are Animal and Cookie Monster. :stick_out_tongue:

Oh and: I wanted to say that I'm sorry you've been going through friend drama. I went through that a while back and it really sucks. It's hard wanting to be a lover and not a fighter. But I've learned sometimes you do need to sound snappy in order to defend yourself.

Ditto. Muppet Christmas Carol is my favorite Muppet movie and I ever saw. I viewed it in the theater when I was a few months old. So, my family had a tradition of watching it every Christmas. This Christmas was the first time I watched it after knowing the significance of Jim and Richard's work. I just.. paused at the "In Loving Memory" for a while. Then later I thought that Kermit and Piggy's tears in Christmas Future truly weren't for Tiny Tim. They were for Jim and Richard.
The opening credits still make me a little teary. That's cool that you got to see MCC in the theaters, apparently I saw MTI -my fave Muppet film- in the theater when it came out, but I can't even remember! XP

Oh yes, my friend and I, thank you for your concern. c: I do wish she wouldn't be so nitpicky, and I couldn't agree with you more: sometimes you need to be assertive and, in some cases definately, snappy in order to get your message across. Some people need to learn.

Yeah, the coarse does sound cool. c: At first he wasn't very motivated at all, but he's made friends and whatnot and he's loving it. c: Aww, you're little sisters sound cute- I was such a SSt nut when I was younger. And obviously I still am. :big_grin:

I *finally* got to watch Richard's speech at Jim's memorial service in it's entirely (it took an hour to load :stick_out_tongue:) and... wow. What a guy. So much depth. I agree with many of his thoughts... about acknowledging little things and such, but I also thought what he said about people feeling bad about themselves was rather insightful and for me a bit of food for thought. I really loved his speech, so... SO much.

Nekoshema

Reaction score
I *finally* got to watch Richard's speech at Jim's memorial service in it's entirely (it took an hour to load :stick_out_tongue:) and... wow. What a guy. So much depth. I agree with many of his thoughts... about acknowledging little things and such, but I also thought what he said about people feeling bad about themselves was rather insightful and for me a bit of food for thought. I really loved his speech, so... SO much.
an hour! :embarrassed: wow, i can relate [luckily i just got a new computer] i'm taken aback at Richards speech as well, it's so true, every word. some parts i still think about today, and some of it has changed me. example, i love birds and i love music, so you'll usually see me walking along with huge headphones on. although i tend to notices birds, i just kept walking. NOW i see a bird, i'll stop and turn off my music to hear them. they're just so pretty, depending on my mood, they can rival what i'm listening too.

my sister loves MTI, i mean LOVES it. you know the line at the begining
everyone: now isn't that a story you want to be hearing?
pig: it was the first dozen times i heard it
that line has buoyant new meaning after a thousand watches of that film. yet despite how many times i've seen it [and the fact i had to hunt it down for her birthday gift last year, honestly, finding it on DVD was like looking for a fraggle hole] i still watch it, and it can still make me laugh.
Kermit: you're finger hired the crew?
Fozzie: no, that's silly. the man who LIVES in my finger hired the crew.
[lol, still funny :wink:]

Hey Renee, you wrote a book? that's so cool! i've been writing since i was 7, and i've always wanted to get published. was it hard?

that's cool analeisa you're family has that tradition. lol, if you can believe it, my family watches a Muppet Family Christmas every year. one year, it wasn't on TV, and it just didn't feel like christmas to me. [thankfully it's uploaded onto youtube... please don't take it down, the DVD cut Richard out] well, a friend of mines got it on VHS and she said i could buy it from her, but she needs to find where they keep their VHS's. [my mom's favourite line is the sweedish chef saying 'it's a gobbla-gobbla humunga!' and since i can impersonate the chef, guess who has to say that line all year long.]

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Hey Renee, you wrote a book? that's so cool! i've been writing since i was 7, and i've always wanted to get published. was it hard?
It's just self-published actually. You can find all the stories on here actually, under the title, "Sadie's Stories". There are 8 stories in all. Most, if not all of them involve Scooter as well as nearly all the other Muppets. It is a heart wrenching story, that many have loved on here. I've finally just buckled down and allowed my stories to be for purchase.

I make no profit on it, it's just for the enjoyment of others honestly. I'm not totally sure what the cost would be for everyone, considering different countries and different shipping costs and such. For myself (living in Lexington, South Carolina) it was $18.28 + $4 shipping (slowest shipping available which means 3-5 days to print it, then 5-15 days to ship it...I think that's at least 9 and at most 20 days to ship it out.)

Unfortunately I do not know just how much or how long it would take yourselves to get it. I guess you'd just have to check it out for yourself.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
8 stories? So does this edition even include the sequel that takes place after the dealings with the main villain of the 7 principal installments is conclusively resolved Sara?

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Hey guys! My book "The Hearts Voyage" is ready for purchase!

The Heart's Voyage

Just click the above link and you can purchase the novel if you'd like. Geez, I'm just shamelessly plugging my book, sorry about that. But uh, I do get NO profit off of it for myself honestly. It's just for whomever to enjoy.
Hi, Sara, nice to see you again! We've been keeping the thread afloat all right, as you can see.

That's really great that you've got the book ready to sell - I'll have to see about ordering myself a copy.

analeisa

Reaction score
The opening credits still make me a little teary. That's cool that you got to see MCC in the theaters, apparently I saw MTI -my fave Muppet film- in the theater when it came out, but I can't even remember! XP

Oh yes, my friend and I, thank you for your concern. c: I do wish she wouldn't be so nitpicky, and I couldn't agree with you more: sometimes you need to be assertive and, in some cases definately, snappy in order to get your message across. Some people need to learn.

Aww, you're little sisters sound cute- I was such a SSt nut when I was younger. And obviously I still am. :big_grin:
I love MTI! I think I saw that in the theater but I can't remember either. That movie still makes me laugh out loud though.
Like: "Dead Tom is dead! Long John shot him!"
"Dead Tom has always been dead. That's why he's called 'Dead Tom'."
"Oh." [Drops him.]

You're very welcome. I recently had a friend break up over not letting people know when things bothered me. So, I don't want that to happen to anyone else. I think you'll be okay though. It seems like your friend cares, despite being nitpicky. And you already know the lesson of taking care of yourself.

Yeah, the sibs are pretty cute. They like their own things (the older of the two really likes horses) but the Muppets is something we all still like. I got my youngest sister to be REALLY invested in the Muppet Madness Tournament. :stick_out_tongue:

that's cool analeisa you're family has that tradition. lol, if you can believe it, my family watches a Muppet Family Christmas every year. one year, it wasn't on TV, and it just didn't feel like christmas to me.
Hee, my Mom's favorite Muppet is Rizzo because of MCC. And, aww, I think that's a lovely tradition. Muppet Family Christmas is basically love/perfection from start to finish. I hope they release the un-cut version someday. I know what you mean. It doesn't feel like Christmas until I watched certain holiday specials.

Oh and: hello ReneeLouvier! *waves* I'm Ana. It's so nice to meet the creator of this lovely club.:smile: It's really cool that you published your book too. I've always had a dream of doing the same. I should look into getting it since "Sadie's Stories" is cool/one of those fanfics most accept as their personal canon.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
8 stories? So does this edition even include the sequel that takes place after the dealings with the main villain of the 7 principal installments is conclusively resolved Sara?

I...am not totally sure about that. I have unfortunately lost my word documents on the stories in the move to my husband's desktop computer. I believe it is 8 stories total. I'm going to check real quick on here, and see how many are actually on MC's Forum.

My friend has still not given me back my own print copy of the stories that I had purchased awhile back.

Also, note to anyone who purchases my book, there is a slight oddity with the spacing of the table of contents actually being on the foreword page. I've tried to fix it, but I decided to just let it be as I do not know how to actually change a .pdf file...and I do not have the original word document that fit the paperback format.

Other then that, it's grammatically correct, and completely spell-checked, and otherwise it's spaced quite nicely. I couldn't get a custom cover unfortunately; so there is just a basic rose cover on it, which still looks quite nice honestly.

The stories are as followed:

1. The Bonds of Family
2. Forgotten Wishes
3. Remembering the Good Times We Had
4. The Search for Sadie
5. Demon's Delight
6. Is That A Song There?
7. A Grand Adventure in Life!

...So apparently I mis-counted when I originally made said post. I'm deeply sorry about that guys. It only has the original 7 stories in it.

Could you be so kind as to remind me as to which story (I'm assuming "Love is Neverending") is the 8th one? It's been quite awhile since I wrote any of them actually.