The Problems with Modern Sesame Street

Worst problem with Sesame in the past 20 years?

• Total voters

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Muppets can be humanoids like Scooter, Roosevelt, Statler, Bunsen, etc. They can also be animals, monsters, etc. I don't see why we have to choose between one or the other.

groverandgrapes

Reaction score
That's maybe taking things a little bit too far. Okay it definitely is. This is the worst thing either of us has said in the entire history of you and me fighting. You don't tell a person to burn in **** because they insulted Elmo. If you're practically an adult and still defending Elmo this fiercely, you might be a little pathetic.
says the guy who wants a 3 year old puppet to burn in ****

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
says the guy who wants a 3 year old puppet to burn in ****
He is not real. He is a fictional character who ruined one of the greatest children's TV shows of all time, and who is widely considered obnoxious by at least half of the adults who watch Sesame Street. Among anyone older than ten, my opinion on Elmo is probably more common than yours. Telling a real person to burn in **** is a lot worse than saying you want a fictional puppet to burn in ****.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean I can agree Elmo has been frequently shoe-horned unnecessarily way too often when the popularity of his character really spiked with “Elmo’s World” (which honestly only dropped in quality for me the more episodes were produced, but it could also just be my bias talking of when I personally decided to jump ship 🤷‍♂️) in particular really having contributed to it….. that also being said, the truth is children love his character A LOT and that’s why he gets the most prominent leading role in the show.

I can agree that I do think he’s gotten too much over-exposure as a character, but your hatred for the character is…. A little concerning if I’m being honest.

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
I mean I can agree Elmo has been frequently shoe-horned unnecessarily way too often when the popularity of his character really spiked with “Elmo’s World” (which honestly only dropped in quality for me the more episodes were produced, but it could also just be my bias talking of when I personally decided to jump ship 🤷‍♂️) in particular really having contributed to it….. that also being said, the truth is children love his character A LOT and that’s why he gets the most prominent leading role in the show.

I can agree that I do think he’s gotten too much over-exposure as a character, but your hatred for the character is…. A little concerning if I’m being honest.
Okay then, watch ten episodes of modern Sesame Street all in a row, as a marathon. If you can make it through ten episodes, you should go fight in wars because you have insane endurance skills. If you can't make it, then you'll understand exactly why I hate Elmo.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean Elmo being overly-exposed popular isn’t anything new in this current decade or the past. I was already aware of that experience when I was taping episodes from 36-39 from 2006-2012 (when my local CVS at the time stopped selling blank VHS tapes and I was by this point not really as interested in taping the show anymore anyway, feeling I got everything I needed and probably accidentally taped over some episodes beforehand; whoops, before selling off those tapes years later cause they were just taking up space) so I could post “new” (to YouTube at that time) segments on my now-retired Sesame Street fan channel (LittleJerryFan92), and yeah, I saw where Elmo often got a lot of starring lead roles in street scenes and segments.

Your hatred for Elmo is valid, you’re entitled to your thoughts on a fictional character, but wanting him to “burn in ****” is…. A little questionable.

datman24

Reaction score
Okay then, watch ten episodes of modern Sesame Street all in a row, as a marathon. If you can make it through ten episodes, you should go fight in wars because you have insane endurance skills. If you can't make it, then you'll understand exactly why I hate Elmo.
I mean, I hate Elmo as much as the next person, but there's nothing we can do about it. As long as he's popular with children, there isn't anything we can do stop it. We just have to accept it for what it is. Unless you are a parent of a child that watches Sesame Street, there's no point in letting this be that much of a concern in your life.

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
I mean, I hate Elmo as much as the next person, but there's nothing we can do about it. As long as he's popular with children, there isn't anything we can do stop it. We just have to accept it for what it is. Unless you are a parent of a child that watches Sesame Street, there's no point in letting this be that much of a concern in your life.
Yeah, I should probably forget about Elmo since (luckily) I don't have any obsessive Elmo fanatic children.

WazzupMyBoyz

Reaction score
Switching topic now...
Why did they want to make Murray Monster the "host" of the seasons 40–45 format? Maybe they should've made a new Muppet.

WazzupMyBoyz

Reaction score
Does anyone have another reason on why modern Sesame Street is bad?