The Old Cartoon Network Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
ADVENTURE TIME is being rebooted already . . . even though it only ended less than three years ago.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In hindsight, I've come to realize that Cow and Chicken's parents being only legs was actually the worst-kept secret of the entire series, because of just that: it really wasn't a secret.

There were hints throughout the series that they were just legs, ranging from the fact that their shadows were always cut off at the waist, and when Cow tried masquerade as both Mom and Dad, she only wore Mom's dress and Dad's pants. The series finale even revealed that they were only pairs of legs, prompting Chicken to remark to Cow, "Look on the bright side, at least we're normal."

But again, the reveal was so anti-climatic because we already knew they were only legs for two reasons: 1. The "No Smoking" pilot did the exact same reveal in the end, and 2. Actual promotional material showed they were only legs. So really, all of that hinting throughout the series and the reveal in the series finale built up to absolutely nothing that we didn't already know . . . it'd be like no mystery to what's under Double D's hat because it was already revealed prior to the series being released anyway.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

First of all, somebody needs to school CN as to what a mash ups really are.

Second of all, no way are Foster's, Chowder, and Flapjack "legacy" CN shows.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I notice there's been a trend going around on social media now where artists will take a screencap from an animated series that went through quite a bit of evolution in its art style, and redraw it that series' earlier art style, and I have to say, this example of a still frame from EEE'S BIG PICTURE SHOW being redrawn in the show's Season 1 art style has really captured my attention:

Once again, this brings to mind one of the things I loved not only about EEE specifically, but also one of the things I miss about traditional hand-drawn animated series in general, is seeing the gradual evolution in the show's art style over time, seeing how the color palette becomes deeper and richer, how the character designs are improved and refined, how the overall animation becomes smoother and more fluid . . . with digital and Flash animation, you may get that very last feature, since it is possible for such animation to become smoother and more fluid as budget increases and more animators can work on it, but otherwise, since everything else is built and library'd digitally to make the jobs of animators easier, you end up with a very streamlined look that barely evolves over the years.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One thing that I've always found unusual about The Gangreen Gang is how Carlos Alazraqui only voiced Lil Arturo in their debut episode, while Tom Kenny voiced him in all other episodes - and giving him a very different voice at that . . . but, whenever they appeared on CCF, Carlos voiced Arturo again, and in his original voice at that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This was always one of my favorite Cartoon Network Groovies, just seeing the JOSIE AND THE PUSSYCATS theme performered in several different genres of music, it really felt like a for-real music video.