The Nostalgia Critic Thread Lives Again!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
He's under a lot of fire right now for his complicity in all of the horrible things that went on within the company, and for basically mocking the victims for wanting an apology. Apparently, he's gotten so much backlash and so many threats against him and his family (including his grandmother) that they had to move.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
He's under a lot of fire right now for his complicity in all of the horrible things that went on within the company, and for basically mocking the victims for wanting an apology. Apparently, he's gotten so much backlash and so many threats against him and his family (including his grandmother) that they had to move.
Oof, yeah, I just found out about this earlier today. Brad always seemed like a really good guy, so i'm pretty disappointed. That being said, ***, his grandma?? What is wrong with people on the internet??

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently Lindsay Ellis (formerly known as Nostalgia Chick) recently had her own PBS special. Not sure what though, but that kind of took me by surprise.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Apparently Lindsay Ellis (formerly known as Nostalgia Chick) recently had her own PBS special. Not sure what though, but that kind of took me by surprise.
A special? Do you mean her PBS digital series or is there something else in the works?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe that's it, I don't even really know. I only heard about it in passing (I think in another one of these debate videos where various different YouTubers are trying to discredit the Cinematic Venom guy for that documentary he produced about #ChangeTheChannel). Either way, it's nice to see how much she's been able to branch out far beyond her days with Channel Awesome.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Oh, for sure. She's one of my favorite video essayists, and it seems like all of the other ones have mentioned her at least once recently.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The Barney's Great Adventure review Doug recently did has to be one of the funniest in a long time. I especially loved where he quoted the dialogue from the Mister Rogers special where Daniel Striped Tiger asks Lady Aberlin about assassination and of Big Bird mourning Mr. Hooper's death, except in Barney's voice, showing how lacking in emotions other than happy that purple doofus really is.

I honestly can't wait to see him tackle The Oogieloves someday. :smile:

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I won't lie, seeing how Doug has recently come out with a video where he shares a story from his past of standing up to bullying as a kid really feels shallow and self-serving, considering all that's come to light about him and Channel Awesome in recent years (and from what I've observed, they've yet to apologize or own up to anything). In a way, it almost feels like he's trying to do his own storybooth video . . . it just really comes off as tacky and tasteless.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It appears that guy who made that documentart about the whole #ChangeTheChannel controversy, as well as that series of skits where he plays Doug and many of the other CA producers who were wrongs, has deleted all of those videos from YouTube. I believe it was bringing him a lot of unwanted attention from people who were accusing him of using the controversy just to boost his own channel . . . and apparently, even some of the former CA producers who were instrumental in the #ChangeTheChannel movement were also turning on him, despite their initial praise they gave him for making that documentary about the controversy in the first place.