The Nostalgia Critic Thread Lives Again!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yeah, because it's also a tape I have some Season 34 SS episodes on, among other things.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
My dad had a rare recording of A Charlie Brown Christmas from CBS that was taped in 1996, but it got damaged a couple months back when putting it in the old VCR.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I see the newest episode is a review of THE COUNTRY BEARS, which has always been among my person Top 10 Movies I Like That Everybody Else Hates. Unfortunately, it's one of those episodes that's loaded with the Scrappy castmembers and intrusive sketches, so I can't bring myself to watch it - but I do see where the color of the wall has changed again, this time a slightly darker shade of blue, almost kind of purplish too.
I can't stand those parts of the show either.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What other things do you have on there?
Off the top of my head, an episode of ED, EDD N EDDY (probably from Season 3), some classic SS clips that were used on PWMS, a couple of ARTHUR episodes (from Season 1), the Johnny Bravo Christmas special, and an episode of I DREAM OF JEANNIE.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Off the top of my head, an episode of ED, EDD N EDDY (probably from Season 3), some classic SS clips that were used on PWMS, a couple of ARTHUR episodes (from Season 1), the Johnny Bravo Christmas special, and an episode of I DREAM OF JEANNIE.
I wish I could see that tape myself, but you don't share any of that stuff.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Remember when Cinematic Venom did all of those skits that basically mocked Channel Awesome and how they were handling all of the grievances former producers had against them during that whole #ChangeTheChannel debacle last year? Well, he just recently put together an entire freakin' documentary about #ChangeTheChannel.

Well, basically, it's more or less a compilation of the producers who came forward and spoke out about the problems they had with Channel Awesome, with his own added commentary, but it's interesting to see where all of this has come to nearly a year later.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I'll be honest about something here: I've said in the past how I can easily picture Doug playing a villain in somebody else's movie - albeit a hammy, flamboyant, quirky villian . . . and, after all of what's happened since last year, and learning just what an unprofessional, arrogant, incompetent, egotistical douchebag he turned out to be in real life . . . that kind of makes him seem like he would be all the more suited for such a villainous role, to me at least.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So . . . another new review without the annoying castmembers and skits:

But . . . Doug's attempts at trying to be funny post-Change the Channel feels so awkward . . . and that Hello Fresh commercial is just plain cringeworthy. And, oh wow, look, Nostalgia Critic is shrinking the credits for more commercials now, it's like they're trying to be like an actual TV show . . . and failing at it.

Last edited: