The new What Made You Smile Today thread

mariolover

Reaction score
My college roommates this coming year are going to be 2 really nice people I know really well and get along with! I got to choose my roommates while the past 2 years the college administration picked them for me!

My freshman and sophomore year, I had 2 roommates (one freshman year and the other sophomore year) I didn't get along with! One of them was really rude and a pessimistic debbie downer and the other one was really annoying! I start in 11 days!

I will be a junior year, which means I have one more year at regular university and then I will most likely go to Calvin Theological Seminary to pursue my degree to become a pastor!

I bet you a lot of people will dislike me for and be offended by the sermons I give, but who cares? My job is to speak truth, because a lot of people need to hear it!

I'm sure there are people doubting how far I can go and think I will sink and hit rock bottom, but I am about to prove them wrong! I will come out on top and live the greatest life ever! I am smart and I have all the tools I need to live a successful life! Satan and others who want to see me fail will try to stop me and let my autism win the battle, but I will win the battle and karma will bite them in the butt!

I believe God has anointed me to become a pastor, and I must heed the calling! It won’t be easy, but I will make it happen!

Last edited:

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I found out those awful illegal anime pirating websites like Kissanime and Kissmanga are finally getting shut down!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The fact one of my original MC friends Fragglemuppet is back here, even if it's just browsing the pages/threads.

Most times these days, my little niece makes me smile. This past week or so she's having fun playing with our old Fisher-Price Sesame Street Clubhouse and figures. :jim:

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I hope that ones like Kisscartoon are next! So much for the modern day Blackbeards.

Also, for the Count, my grandparents have one of those in their attic in VA. In fact, up til last year, it was in my room.

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My college roommates this coming year are going to be 2 really nice people I know really well and get along with! I got to choose my roommates while the past 2 years the college administration picked them for me!

My freshman and sophomore year, I had 2 roommates (one freshman year and the other sophomore year) I didn't get along with! One of them was really rude and a pessimistic debbie downer and the other one was really annoying! I start in 11 days!

I will be a junior year, which means I have one more year at regular university and then I will most likely go to Calvin Theological Seminary to pursue my degree to become a pastor!

I bet you a lot of people will dislike me for and be offended by the sermons I give, but who cares? My job is to speak truth, because a lot of people need to hear it!

I'm sure there are people doubting how far I can go and think I will sink and hit rock bottom, but I am about to prove them wrong! I will come out on top and live the greatest life ever! I am smart and I have all the tools I need to live a successful life! Satan and others who want to see me fail will try to stop me and let my autism win the battle, but I will win the battle and karma will bite them in the butt!

I believe God has anointed me to become a pastor, and I must heed the calling! It won’t be easy, but I will make it happen!
I wish you all the best to become a pastor. I’m not doubting you can do it. It’s a noble and honorable goal.
I just want to throw in one hint of caution.
A lot of people start out with lofty goals. Young people always think they’ll change the world. Maybe make a small dent. But it will take time. And effort like you can believe.
It’s one thing being in a classroom where many tend to agree. Out in the real world, that’s where you’ll really be put to the test.
I could evangelize, but part of being a pastor includes all the administrative part of running a church. I know I don’t have the skill for that. My wife, maybe. Me, no.
Somewhere in your journey, when the rubber meets the road, you might be challenged and see if you really have what it takes. It won’t happen in the security of a classroom.
As long as uyou understand that, that it won’t always be a walk in the park, that’s where you find what you’re really made of.

Detritusarisen

Reaction score
So a little bit ago I bought an animation cel from the adventures of raggedy Ann and Andy on CBS and Everytime I pass it I get a big smile on my face it makes me really happy :excited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
So a little bit ago I bought an animation cel from the adventures of raggedy Ann and Andy on CBS and Everytime I pass it I get a big smile on my face it makes me really happy :excited:
I remember back in the 90s when collecting animation cels were a big thing. Art galleries sprung up, and people were dropping thousands of dollars on these things.
I could never afford the one-of-a-kind production cels used in actual cartoons. But I could afford a sericel of Andy Panda with his girlfriend Miranda. Part of a series #3 of 250, signed by Walter Lantz before he died.
These cels are neat. 😁

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
One of my earliest memories is going to the Warner Bros. Studio Store in the late-'90s at Tower City mall in Cleveland and just being astounded at the high-priced animation cels they were selling... talk about a different world!