The new What Made You Smile Today thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Bill Cosby.

I know he’ll be in jail for the rest of his life (and deservedly so). But once upon a time he was an icon to children for his participation on Sesame Street, Electric Company, Fat Albert, PicturePages, and a sitcom that owned a good part of the 80s.

Even before that, he was a groundbreaking standup comic. At a time when Richard Pryor, George Carlin, and Lenny Bruce we’re getting big,Cosby was selling out venues without having to be dirty.

Sometimes his personality can be arrogant and overbearing. But he created a body of work that’s still funny 50 plus years later.

For those who wish to check out on YouTube, I recommend:

Noah and the Ark
Revenge
Tonsils
The Playground
Go- Karts

and two masterpieces-
Chicken Heart
and the epic
To Russell, My Brother, Whom I Slept With.

It’s a shame what he did in his private life, but onstage he was untouchable.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At least you're able to separate the art from the artist - unfortunately, that's not always the case with some people.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I certainly don’t condone what he did. I didn’t like his attitude of thinking he was above the law, or he’d never get caught.
All I’m sorry for is the fact I was him, and for all the women he took advantage of.

I wish his sexual exploits weren’t what many people wil remember him for.
Just like Ike Turner. He was a pioneer for rock n roll, but his legacy is beating up Tina.

Any Del

Reaction score
Got 13 Seasons, 2 movies, 10 specials down in my tv pitch project.
I also wrote down summaries for all Season 1 episodes. Now onto Season 2! I feel SO proud! :smile:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I still remember the day Jim Henson signed the deal with Disney. There was a parade in Disney World with Mickey hobnobbing with Kermit and Piggy.

The Muppets do have a presence in Disney World, but it’s not as visible as it was promised to be. I’m glad there’s MuppetVision 3D and Pizzeria Rizzo (who doesn’t love rat pizza?) but originally the Muppets were to have a whole section of the park.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I watched a Defunctland episode about how big the Muppets presence at Disney was going to be once the original deal went through. Pretty much the only reason it didn’t was Jim’s death.

I wish there was an alternate universe where the deal did go through. I’d love to see what might have been.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I'm sure most people here know this, but instead of the dully-themed "PizzeRizzo", Gonzo was supposed to have his own restaurant where animatronic rats would deliver your pizza via a track system:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There’s a diner a short walk from my house (Welcome to Noo Joisey, Diner Capital of the world).
They’ve been closed since March due to the virus. I was afraid they’d go out of business. That would’ve been a shame.
Last week they opened up again with outdoor seating, and tonight we had our first meal there in months.
I had veal parm, my wife had eggplant parm. With spaghetti, soup, salad, dessert for 30 bucks. Portions were huge, you can easily get two meals out of this.
For July, the weather was a little cloudy and temps in the 60s. In July.
Still, nice weather to eat outside.
A few raindrops on the walk home, but a few doors from home, the clouds parted and a rainbow 🌈 shone through.
Thank you, Lord. This is the day you made.