The new What Made You Smile Today thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score

I can SO relate to this!
This was me , to a degree, in high school. Our school system had various tiers. Because I had good verbal skills, they stuck me in the highest tier, the Honors Level. Most of my friends were in A or B levels the slow learners like Bart were in Remedial.
I didn’t hate the teachers in the Honors Level, but I hated the kids that were SUPPOSED to be my peers. They were stuck up, snotty, and I knew I wasn’t one of them. My hair was too long, I didn’t have the best clothes, so no way could I fit in with them.
My senior year, I was “demoted” to the A level, and did my best there. I was in classes with my friends, the course load was less intense.
I still managed to go on to a university and get a BA in Business, make the Dean’s List, succeed in life, and be a productive member of society.
Those smart kids from high school? Some went on to become surgeons and accountants, but they were the most boring people I ever met. For all their brains, they really couldn’t function as people. They’re still snotty, stuck up, elitist snobs.
But I can still at least count to ten, draw, and play five different instruments, so the heck with them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had a favors I needed to get done for a few people, but very little time to actually get around to getting them done . . . but, now, I've finally come through with these favors, and it just feels like a burden that's no longer hanging over me.

Any Del

Reaction score
Watching some Season 1 recordings of Courage the Cowardly Dog by yours truly @D'Snowth. Seeing some commericals I haven't seen in years and witnessing rare promos and such is a real treat!

Any Del

Reaction score
For the first time ever, I've FINALLY met a Sesame cast member that I've wanted to meet for the longest time; Alan Muroka!

We've talked about why certain characters such as Gabi and Miles aren't on Sesame Street anymore, my illustration career and etc. Awesome experience with him at Galaxy Con!

Also, just like with Grey Delisle Griffin Alan complemented me on my illustration skills of him and my main character from my tv pitch which is an added bonus!

Here's the video:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
That’s so cool he liked your drawings! Glad you enjoyed your time with him! Pretty outgoing guy he seems. And good luck with pitching your cartoons! Hopefully you won’t get too many “no’s”

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Likewise with myself, I got a chance to have a small chat with Roscoe Orman! Definitely one of the best moments of my life.

Our time unfortunately got cut off in the middle of a conversation cause we did go a bit past the time limit, but I enjoyed every minute none the less! Here’s the video recording: