The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Two things:

1. Once again, it jumped up twenty degrees above average for no reason today, but it actually feels like it jumped even higher than that, because it actually feels warm today . . . like mid-to-late spring warm. I'm actually sweating today.
2. It would seem that my town actually supports the Dakota Pipeline, with one idiot actually accusing the protesters of having an ulterior motive for their protests: money.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I don't think I'll be able to watch Happy Tree Friends for a while. The thing about dark humor is, it's only funny until it happens to you in real life. Then you start thinking
"Maybe that subject matter isn't funny after all,"
For example, a friend of mine used to crack up at the Family Guy episode where Peter gets a stroke. He even went around saying that people look "strokey" because of it. Until one day, his sister actually did get a stroke. After seeing somebody he loves get a stroke, his girlfriend asked him
"Now do you think calling people strokey is funny?" and he said
"No, I don't anymore". Anyway, my dog got into a fight and seeing her eye all bloody and swollen made me realize that that kind of thing isn't funny and I'm going to take a long break from the show for a while. So now you can temporarily call me "The Artist Formerly Known as HTFFan" or to shorten it you can call me #.
I might get back to watching it in the future, but for know I'm going to stick the more light hearted adult animated comedies like Bob's Burgers, The Simpsons, and Futurama. I still like Family Guy, American Dad, & Robot Chicken btw:my opinion on those hasn't changed a bit. I will go back to watching HTF in the future because I'm not going to abandon the show entirely but for now (almost specifically because of Giggles) but either way, I'm going to quit for a while.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I don't think I'll be able to watch Happy Tree Friends for a while. The thing about dark humor is, it's only funny until it happens to you in real life. Then you start thinking
"Maybe that subject matter isn't funny after all,"
For example, a friend of mine used to crack up at the Family Guy episode where Peter gets a stroke. He even went around saying that people look "strokey" because of it. Until one day, his sister actually did get a stroke. After seeing somebody he loves get a stroke, his girlfriend asked him
"Now do you think calling people strokey is funny?" and he said
"No, I don't anymore". Anyway, my dog got into a fight and seeing her eye all bloody and swollen made me realize that that kind of thing isn't funny and I'm going to take a long break from the show for a while. So now you can temporarily call me "The Artist Formerly Known as HTFFan" or to shorten it you can call me #.
I might get back to watching it in the future, but for know I'm going to stick the more light hearted adult animated comedies like Bob's Burgers, The Simpsons, and Futurama. I still like Family Guy, American Dad, & Robot Chicken btw:my opinion on those hasn't changed a bit. I will go back to watching HTF in the future because I'm not going to abandon the show entirely but for now (almost specifically because of Giggles) but either way, I'm going to quit for a while.
BREAKING NEWS!
Hi my name is Tom Tucker tonight we have a report on how texting and driving could save your life. But first, local Muppet Central Forum member, HTFFan claims that he is the back into Happy Tree Friends after what could be the shortest hiatus ever. HTFFan explain why you are back to watching the show.
Am I live? Only one way to find out:booger. Yup, I'm live. But I figured out that is just a cartoon and if anything it could help me at times like this, laughter is the best medicine and sometimes you need to learn to laugh at certain situations. The world isn't all sunshine and rainbows you know and HTF is a perfect example of that. Plus, my dog is going to be okay and she's fine, so I overreacted a little. Since I'm live and am not going to get censored, I think I might take up swearing:**** balls.
And so it begins, Matthew E. Neuman has re-gained his sense of humor faster than it took Nutty to swallow a gumball with glass in it. Coming up next, a look at how playing with matches is a fun activity.