The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It’s been quite a while since I’ve been to the library. Some libraries have a one-hour policy you can renew if there’s nobody else waiting to use the computer.
That is the usual policy, but again, with COVID going around, everybody is presently limited to only one one-hour reservation on a regular computer, or one 15-minute reservation on an express computer.

Usually, our library's computer station has ten working computers, but they only had just two up and running on opposite sides of the area.

Otherwise, the libary as a whole was almost nearly deserted . . . I think the whole time I was in there, only one other visitor come in: a mother with three small kids, and that was it.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That is the usual policy, but again, with COVID going around, everybody is presently limited to only one one-hour reservation on a regular computer, or one 15-minute reservation on an express computer.

Usually, our library's computer station has ten working computers, but they only had just two up and running on opposite sides of the area.

Otherwise, the libary as a whole was almost nearly deserted . . . I think the whole time I was in there, only one other visitor come in: a mother with three small kids, and that was it.
I might have told this story before. 15 years ago I used to rush to the library between jobs to check my mailbox. Back then the library only had two computers. More often than not, there would be this other guy on the computer next to me ( literally a foot away). I’d be concentrating because my time was limited, and this older guy would be yakking with the librarians and being a nuisance.
I was this close to giving him a few choice words to shut his face.
The guy occasionally came into my Subway and ordered a sandwich. He always seemed a little creepy and unsettling. Then a few months passed and I never saw him again.
Then one day the girl who worked next door came in with a newspaper. This guy used to visit her too.
It seems he murdered his girlfriend, took her car, and was heading to upstate New York. The police and FBI caught him at the border.
He he was on the front page, in cuffs and his orange jumpsuit, heading off to jail.
I’m so glad I didn’t start anything with him, or he might’ve stabbed me!
15 years later, I’m still haunted by the evil look in his eyes.
There was something unnerving about him. I feel bad for his dead girlfriend, but I’m relieved it wasn’t me.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I would say you did the right thing by just leaving him be, because you're right, it may not have ended to well for you either. Dang, what a story.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
That....... definitely says a lot about this guy. Glad he didn’t give you any trouble but Jesus Christ that is messed up!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It was disturbing. This man was old enough to be my dad. And I’m glad (for once) I kept my mouth shut in the library. When he started showing up at Subway, it made me wonder, he’s not stalking me, is he?
The girl next door was concerned too. Next door was a nail salon, and what’s an old man hanging around here for?
That was 2005. If he’s still alive, I doubt he’s getting out any time soon.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
He sounds like the kind of guy who was probably inappropriate with all his female classmates in school.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I found out the day before Thanksgiving that a high school teacher that I liked moved to a different state.

She was one of my favorites as well.

Any Del

Reaction score
The fact that I ordered something from Multilingual Books since Monday, November 30th and I have yet to receive a tracking number from them even though I got an email confirmation from them about my items being shipped.
So when I emailed them regards to this I got this:

"Hello we are checking stock of these items and will email this afternoon we do have some chinese sesame street in stock and will send them to you shortly by first classand forward tracking. They should arrive Saturday not Monday."

No seriously, this is the email I received from them. And yesterday I still haven't received anything. If I haven't received anything by the end of this week Friday December 11th, I'm demanding a refund.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've finally found a specific font I was searching for for a while . . . unfortunately, not only is it not a free font, but it costs $400! I wish Adobe had the license for it.