The New New Quote Thread

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Cam Garrity: What was the Happytime Murders experience like for you?
Bill Barretta: Well, I loved it. I loved making that movie. I think unfortunately it's not the movie that we made. But I had a great time making it. It was a very collaborative experience with Melissa, and Brian, everybody. The workshop was amazing, Kevin Clash, it was a great experience. Brian is such a great director, his attention to detail and story, which is what kills me the most, because it's not the film he set out to make. Everything he set out to make is there, but unfortunately what didn't get on the screen is a real shame. A lot of great character stuff and relationship stuff was tossed to the side for shock value.
Cam: More Silly String.
Bill: Yeah, for the cheaper jokes and the shock value of it all, which would have been there anyway, there was no need to take anything away to push that stuff. It certainly didn't make the movie better, and obviously people responded in that way, they thought, "Something's not right."
Adam Kreutinger: I was listening to the commentary track yesterday, and I noticed a handful of times he mentioned that, about things they had to change because, the studio overlords said "This isn't funny enough, this part's not funny enough". He didn't say this but, the feeling I got from him was "Not everything needs to be a joke, we're trying to tell a story too."
Bill: Or a blue joke, they pushed too hard for the blue stuff, and it's a shame. There's still some amazing stuff in there. It just unfortunately got changed. There's an amazing dance sequence that was supposed to be at the end of the movie where Phil regains his inner puppet, we did it with me in a mocap suit, and then we did it full-out rodded full-body character with 5 puppeteers and there's great stuff that isn't in there.
Adam: You think we'll ever get that director's cut?
Bill: I would pray for it, I hope that we would, I don't know if they would spend the money at this point.
Adam: Sent me the footage, I'll edit it!

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Agent Campbell: I'm in the ******* FBI!

Phil: Oh yeah whats that stand for? ******* Big Idiot!

--The Happytime Murders--

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"I'm so glad to finally see a commercial depicting white people! We're so under-represented these days, it's devastating!" ~ YouTube troll

cjd874

Reaction score
James Corden: Steven, as a rock star your life is all about excess. How much have you spent on drugs in your lifetime? [Audience laughs]
Steven Tyler: (pauses) About $2 million.
James: (shocked, bursts into laughter) Are you serious?
Steven: I snorted half of Peru!

("Spill Your Guts or Fill Your Guts" from the Late Late Show, 5/17/18)
**P.S. Just because I post this does not mean that I condone the use of hard drugs. Do the right thing, kids!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
POPEYE'S: FYI - people need to eat on Sundays too.
CHICK-FIL-A: FYI - we never run out of chicken sandwiches.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Madman Murray: This is the car for you. Let me tell you about it.

Garfield: [to Odie] I'll translate.

Madman Murray: This car is a steal!

Garfield: It's a stolen car.

Madman Murray: [closeup of the upholstery, which is also pink] It's a very clean car.

Garfield: We just fished it out of a lake.

Jon: Well, I might be interested at the right price.

Garfield: [to fourth wall] "Take my wallet; I'm a sucker."

--Garfield and Friends Episode: Rolling Romance--

cjd874

Reaction score
"You got the right string baby, but the wrong yo-yo."

---Gordon, Sesame Street Episode 168

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This is to prove to @datman24 that Elmo has more than one emotion.
Ryan Dillon: I felt the first time I had it and I felt confidant with Elmo was a show that Chrissy Ferraro wrote. She writes Elmo in such a wonderful way, because she can really access all his emotions, Elmo's not always happy in her scripts, Elmo can really feel things. She wrote this beautiful Halloween episode, I think it was my second year as Elmo, where he was dressed as this astronaut, it was his favorite character from comic books, and he made the entire costume by himself. Elmo was real proud of it, and this AM character comes along, and he has all the official stuff. I don't remember what the guy's name is, Astronaut Sam let's say. "I have the official astronaut Sam helmet and the official Astronaut Sam laser guns." And Elmo felt so deflated about that and he was embarrassed by it. And it was a real emotional show, and I get excited about doing shows where Elmo can feel that emotional range. For whatever reason it really clicked that day, I was very nervous because, it was a heavy show, and Joey was directing it, and he was so patient with me and supportive and that was the day that I felt like "I think I can do this".
Cam Garrity: I think a lot of people who see the show from periphery think of Elmo as a one-note character, they know the doll, tickle him and he laughs, but he really is one of the most layered characters. It must have been a great opportunity to have that script for you to play, so you could get a sense of all the notes that are associated with him.
Ryan: I always look forward to things like that. When I started doing Elmo, I wrote a bio of him for myself. And I've adopted this theory that Elmo plays differently in different scenarios. There's the series Elmo, who's a young child and he has all those things, but he can be a slightly older snarkier character when he's on the Tonight Show, or when he's in a live appearance goofing off with somebody. When you're doing a toy, that's a completely different skill set almost. Cause those dolls are comfort items for kids and there's a lot of trust in that. It was something I was excited about too, adding layers to Elmo. And I'm always pushing for that, I'm always pushing for "does Elmo really love this? Can he NOT like it?" Cause there's a story then, if he loves it, that's the end of the story.
Cam: Does Elmo have to love everything?
Ryan: Right, that is something I genuinely question. If I look at a script, I say "Okay, well does he really love umbrellas? Can he be indifferent about umbrellas?" Cause my favorite moments with Elmo were when Kevin could really be himself in live appearances and goofing off in between takes. It's a very rich character if you look at it.

Last edited:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Tim: I go to the opera with you.

Jill: Oh, once. I've sat through three Rambo movies. When was the last time you took me to a foreign film?

Tim: Didn't we just see Le Robocop?