The New New Quote Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
WIMZIE: I saved popcorn from a burning building!
HORACE: Question . . . buttered or unbuttered?
WIMZIE: Horace? When you're saving popcorn from a fire, you don't check for butter.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
If Horace wasn’t a clone of Binky from Arthur, I’m missing something.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Joe Hennes: So Kermit the Frog. Can we talk about how you got the role?
Matt Vogel: I don't know how much I can talk about.
Joe: Well, what was it like knowing you were going in for this audition?
Matt: I had no idea I was even gonna be called back. It was just an audio audition I think, and based on that, they called people in, and Brian Henson was there, and Debbie McClellan was there, and we had the puppet and we performed the scene from the Muppet Movie where Kermit stands up to Doc Hopper, and we sang either Rainbow Connection or Being Green, that was here in New York, and after that they brought us out to LA, and it was doing maybe the same scene, maybe adding another scene, and from there, there was a series of workshops with 4 people that happened over a couple months, we would interact with Brian and he was very candid about what he thought was good, how we could get better. He knew his dad really well, so he was able to impart wisdom on us about how Jim saw the world, and we tried to bring that to what we saw as that version of Kermit. The directive was "We want a version of Kermit that is closest to Jim Henson's". Not to take anything away from Steve, but that was the directive we were given. And after that, there was a lot of not hearing anything. It was nerve-wrecking cause it was weeks, and it was in April of 2017 that I got a call saying "You are now Kermit the Frog." My wife was so happy, my kids were jumping up and down, and I'm like "uh-huh." She's like "Why aren't you happy?" I'm like "I'm totally happy, I'm just in a state of shock right now."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BORIS: Okay, Caillou, we need to have a serious discussion.
CAILLOU: What's wrong, Daddy?
BORIS: I think your mother and I [bleep]ed up.
CAILLOU: What did you [bleep] up, Daddy?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I wAnT cAr InSuRaNcE tOo, DaDdYyYyYyYyYyYyYyYyY

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
ELAINE: Sure the pinky toe is cute, but it's useless! It does nothing! It's got that little nail that is just impossible to cut! What do we need it for?
JERRY: Because, Elaine, that's the one that goes wee-wee-wee all the way home!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Matt Vogel: So Steve Whitmire and the Muppet Studio parted ways, and that left not just Kermit, but several other characters without a performer. And obviously Kermit is that key character, and there was an audition process that was overseen by the Muppet Studio and Brian Henson, with 20 people maybe, and those auditions led to callbacks, and those callbacks led to a series of workshops with Brian in LA. And at that point there were 4 performers that were working on the directive of making their version of Kermit to push more toward Jim Henson's version of the character. And at the end of the workshop I was chosen to be Kermit, it's not a character that was just given to me or grandfathered to me like other characters, there was a legitimate process where it was whittled down and there were 4 really great guys and I drew the lucky straw. And I realize there's a whole generation of people whose Kermit is Steve, and that's okay, I don't hold anything against them, but my job is to do the best I can do with my version of Jim Henson's version of Kermit, that was the directive and what I'm trying to do and still working on, just like I'm still working on Big Bird, even though I've been doing that for 20-some years, it's a process. My Kermit was Jim, my Big Bird was Caroll, my Count was Jerry, and now there's a generation of kids whose Count is actually me, just like so many see Eric Jacobson as their Grover or Miss Piggy now, and soon my Big Bird and Kermit will be that version that people know. But any incarnation of a character that's carried on by another performer, they're all authentic, each one is unique to that particular performer, while still aiming, we all have that same goal of aiming to be true to the original performance, the performance that we grew up with probably. Like I said Jim was my Kermit and that's what I try to do, what I try to hear in my head, I try to hear the music of Jim's voice in my head. It's a challenge for sure, but it's been such a fun ride, and I don't take the responsibility lightly, but I don't think about that when I'm in it and when I've got my arm up in the air with the puppet on my hand. I'm thinking about "What's the objective of this scene, what do I need to do here, how am I gonna get RuPaul to answer this question?"
Cam Garrity: That was so good!
Adam Kreutinger: I'm a humongous Drag Race fan, so when I saw it, it was one of my favorite sketches!