The New Gig

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Outside the Muppet Show theater, the lights glimmered brightly. There was traffic everywhere, people in cars driving past the theater and people walking to get to their desitination. Inside the Muppet theater, it was a packed house, as usual. Kermit the frog and company were busy what they did their best at, putting on shows and making people happy each night by entertaining them. It seemed like life was good for Kermit and company except a few who were going unnoticed by Kermit and the new gang of muppets that came from the failed television show, Muppets Tonight.

In the backstage was Kermit looking over the schedule for the last few acts for the night. Scooter, his right hand man, was right next to him.

"Alright, Johnny and Sal said they had a musical act they wanted to do and I promised them they'll have some on air time." said Kermit.

"But wait a minute, didn't you promise Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem they could do a song?" "After all, you've been saying they'll go on stage for the last 4 days now and each day you put another act and tell Dr. Teeth they'll have a spot for the next show." "You've been doing this for the last few weeks to them Kermit." said Scooter.

"Look I'm sorry, but I can't put the band on tonight. I just can't Scooter." sighed Kermit.

"It's not my place to say, but ever since you brought in the others from Muppets Tonight, you've been trying to juggle those guys along with the old gang here that have worked with you for the last 20 years." said Scooter.

"I'll get the Mayhem band in the next show, I promise." said Kermit.

Just then, Dr. Teeth and the band, Floyd, Janice, Zoot, Lips, and Animal, walked out from one of the dressing rooms. Kermit let a sigh, not wanting to tell the band they'll have to wait for another show to perform their song.

"Alright then frog, the band is here and we're ready to pump up the crowd!" excalimed a joyfull and excited Dr. Teeth.

"Ya man, we've been working on this song for the last few days, I think we're ready to rock the house." said Floyd.

"Rock the House, rock the house!!!" shouted Animal.

"I'm, um, I'm....I'm sorry guys, but you're going to have to delay your song for another night." sighed Kermit.

"What, you have got to be kidding man." said an angry Zoot.

"I'm sorry guys, I really am." "The next show you guys can do two or three songs, how about that." said Kermit.

"Two or three songs, for what, for us to get all excited and then have you tell us that we can't go on again." said an angry Dr. Teeth.

"Like, why are you doing this to us Kermit." "You've never done this to us before." " You're rully hurting us here." Janice said.

"Janice, Dr. Teeth, guys I'm sorry." Kermit said, hoping that his offer could convince the band not to get even more angry.

As Kermit, Scooter, and the band were standing looking at each other, Pepe came from the stage, excited.

"Look at those people out there Kermit, they love me." "Those are some wonderful and sexy people out there, okay." said an excited Pepe.

Dr. Teeth and the band stared and Kermit and then eying Pepe who got a little uncomfortable. Just then, Jphnny and Sal came walking down from the stairs ready for their act.

"Okay Kermit, I polished Sal up and we're ready to go out." said an enthused Johnny.

"Oh ya, and if anybody starts booing Johhny, they'll have to answer to me." said a determined Sal.

Kermit looked at Johnny and Sal and nodded to them to go on stage. He then looked at Scooter and Pepe and nodded for both of them to go. Kermit then turned his attention to Dr. Teeth.

"Can we talk about this in the meeting with the senior staff after the show tonight?" Kermit said.

"I guess so." Dr. Teeth said who seemed to be upset.

Later on that night, the show had fiinished. George the janitor and Beauregard were cleaning up the rows where all the people sat. Meanwhile in the briefing lounge sat Kermit and senior staff that consisted of Miss Piggy, Rowlf, Fozzie, Scooter, Gonzo, and the Electric Mayhem. The band sat on the opposite of the table as a group, making Kermit feeling more miserable than ever.

"Gonzo, you can do your act for tomorrow night, but be sure not to blow up anything in the process." said Kermit.

"Don't worry, I always leave all the blowing up to Crazy Harry!" Gonzo said who was trying to make a joke to lighten the mood in the room.

"Now on to the next order of business, the Electric Mayhem." "Alright guys, I have booked you to do a song for tomorrow nights show." said Kermit.

"One song?" " Man, you told us we could do two songs for tomorrow night green stuff." said an outraged Floyd.

"That's right, you did tell us two or three songs for tomorrow night Kermit" said Lips.

"I checked the scedule for tomorrow night and I'm booked solid." " I got Piggy here singing a duet with the guest star, Joan Allen. "Then we're going to have the Swedish Chef do his thing." " After that, we're going to have Joan do some comedy with Fozzie." 'Then there's a Pigs in Space sketch." "Then she requested to do something with Beareguard and Bobo the bear." "Then you guys can come and do you're song." said Kermit.

"That's the best you can do, just one song?" said Dr. Teeth who was trying to hold back his temper.

"That's the best I can do Dr. Teeth." said Kermit.

"Not good enough, not good enough at all!" yelled Dr. Teeth.

"Like, we've been hearing for the last two weeks how you're going to put us on and you make these promises, but it just goes down." "It's like you don't care about us anymore." said Janice.

"Look, Dr, Teeth, guys, Kermie here is trying to"...

"Pipe down pigzilla, this doesn't concern you at all." Floyd said angrily interupting what Piggy was trying to say.

Piggy stood there in shock. This was actually the first time Floyd actually meant the comments he said to Piggy. She stood there frozen.

"Now that was uncalled for." yelled Kermit.

"Uncalled for?" "What about you always telling us that we can go on but then you back out." "Now tht's uncalled for." yelled Dr. Teeth.

"I'm trying to do the best I can here." yelled Kermit.

Rowlf, Fozzie, Scooter, and Gonzo looked at each other. This was the first time they've ever seen Kermit and Dr. Teeth come to blows with each other. They all wanted to say something, but knew this wasn't their fight.

"The best you can do?" "You call that your best." "If that's the case then we quit!" "We've had it with you." yelled a furious Dr. Teeth.

And with that, Dr. Teeth and the band left the room. Kermit sat in his chair, still frozen. He couldn't believe what just happened. After working with each other for 20 years, it came down to this. Their friendship was gone. Neither Kermit nor Dr. Teeth and the band knew what they were going to do next but knew it was time to move on.

ryan

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is absolutely AWESOME! I mean... wow! Oh, tell me more, please! More story!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Tottaly cool! This is so awesome! But now I have another fan-fic to read...

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
I have really enjoyed this first part - particularly they way you have brought in lots of old and new characters and also got some nice dialogue in there.

The situation Kermit is in is perfect for his character - trying to please everybody but having difficulty do to a somewhat lack of help from some others.

I hope this runs on with parrallel looks at both the band and Kermit and the theatre, but on the basis of what I have seen I'm sure whatever you choose will be great.

The only thing is, with another new fic to read I'll never get around to writing one of my own!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
It is certainly the summer of the fan fics! Awesome story, keep it up! Can't wait to read more!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
That night, Kermit, Piggy, Rowlf, Scooter, Gonzo, and Camilia road in Fozzies studebaker back to the Muppet boarding house. Fozzie was in the front driving with Gonzo, and Camila in the front while the rest were in the back. They all wanted to say something to kermit but did not know what they were going to say and would feel awkward. As they approached the boarding house, they saw the Electric Mayhem bus parked.

Kermit and the rest walked in the house. Watching television was Pops, Lew Zealand, and Crazy Harry. The Swedish Chef was in the kitchen doing what he always does, cooking up something. Sweetums was reading a book to young Robin. Clifford was playing cards with Pepe, Rizzo, Bobo, and Zippity Zap. Sam the eagle was reading "Distinguish Amercians" magazine, while Johnny and Sal were looking over some music.

"Hey Kermit, hows it going?" shouted Pops.

"Not to good tonight Pops." said a sadden Kermit.

"Uncle Kermit, are you going to be busy tomorrow? "I need you to look over something." said Robin.

"I'm sorry Robin, but I'm busy tomorrow." said a somber Kermit.

Clifford looked at Kermit. Then he looked at his cards. He didn't have a good hand so he took the opportunity to go talk to Kermit to see what was going on since he didn't get anything from Dr. Teeth or the band.

"Where you going?" "We're not done yet." said Rizzo.

"I fold." said Clifford.

"Fold?" "That means I can have your cheese since you're not using it for bet money right?" questioned Rizzo.

"Ya, sure, do whatever Riz." said Clifford.

Rizzo dived in for the cheese Clifford was going to use for gambling money.

"Unbelievable okay." said Pepe.

"Yo Kerm, you got a minute." Clifford said.

"Ya I guess." Kermit said.

"So what happened?" "I saw Dr. Teeth and the gang walk up the stairs and they said nothing." "Did you guys get in a fight." asked a curios Clifford.

"Ya we did Clifford." "The Electric Mayehm quit the show." sighed Kermit.

And with that bit of news, everybody stopped what they were doing and turned to Kermit, surprised and shocked. Even Sam, who never really cared for the Electric Mayhem since they were not playing good old fashioned Amercian music stopped what he was doing and was surprised like everybody else about what Kermit just said.

"Look everyone, I just want to go to bed." "I'll talk about what happened a few hours ago in the morning." said Kermit.

Suddenly Dr. Teeth and the rest of the Mayhem band came walking down the stairs with their suitcases. The band eyed Kermit and then walked out the door, obviously disgusted with the events that happened tonight. Floyd was at the end of the line and slammed the door really hard when he walked out, causing the rest of the Muppets in the room to jump. They all looked at Kermit who looked at them and then put his head down and walked up the stairs to his bedroom. Piggy was about to follow him until Rowlf grabbed her and shook his head telling her not to follow Kermit. Kermit had to deal with the situation on his own, which was the best solution that Rowlf thought of.

Outside the house was the band loading their suitcases in the Mayhem bus.

'So like, what are we going to do now?" said a concerned Janice, not knowing what her future would take her and the rest of her friends.

"I don't know." "We'll just have to think of something." said Dr. Teeth.

They all finished loading their suitcases on the bus and got in. Dr. Teeth got in the drivers chair and started the bus. He then looked at the house and shook his head and drove off departing to an unknown future.

ryan

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<gasp>

Wow.

powerful stuff.

And I loved Rizzo and Pepe at the card game. Very muppety. I can't wait to see more!

dietrich

Reaction score
If I can make a suggestion, why not cross over to Sesame Street where the band lands a job at Birdland with Zoot and Hoots being old friends. Bob or Gordon would see something is wrong and try to make peace between Kermit and the band. What do you think?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wow...this is amazing Ryan! This is...wow! Everything about it is perfect. And Janice's voice sound spot on, moe than she has in any other fan-fic for a long time. You really get these characters.