The New Am I The Only One Thread

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Am I the only one that this doesn't feel like a Saturday to? It feels more like a Monday or something; the atmosphere outside is ideal. The sun isn't out (which is nice), it's warm but there's a comfortable breeze... very comfortable; just a very chill atmosphere right now.

Maybe it's because of Labor Day and some of my family being out of town, but it feels like I'm in the twilight zone right now (in a good way).

Last edited:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Am I the only one that this doesn't feel like a Saturday to? It feels more like a Monday or something; the atmosphere outside is ideal. The sun isn't out (which is nice), it's warm but there's a comfortable breeze... very comfortable; just a very chill atmosphere right now.

Maybe it's because of Labor Day and some of my family being out of town, but it feels like I'm in the twilight zone right now (in a good way).
Yeah, I know what you mean. It feels like that right now. It's the kind of day that's spacy, but not in a bad way. It feels like the whole world is at peace.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks YouTube really needs to have more categories to choose from when uploading videos besides just the standards like Comedy, Entertainment, Film and Animation, Music, and such? We really need broader categories, like, say Drama, Action/Adventure, Thriller, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Experimental, Parody . . . and didn't there used to be a time way back in YouTube's earlier years where you could actually choose up to three categories? I think that should be an option again as well.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who doesn’t care about sex? There are so many ways to enjoy life one can do that don’t risk getting someone pregnant or contracting STDs. I’m all for this sexual activity thing, good for you, but there comes a point where sex becomes far too prevalent in our society and people think only of it, thus forgetting the other good aspects of life. Sadly, I think we’ve already passed that point.

For me though, I don’t need to risk my life and my freedom for one night of passion. There’s always masturbation anyway.....
Same! I mean I have a pretty dirty mind and like to get a little kinky, but at the same time am in no intention of rushing. I can live without sex and enjoy life for what it is.

Am I the only one who has this weird Sunday night guilt feeling? Like I could've done more, but I didn't take advantage of it.

I kinda wish the week was set up so the standard days off would be say Wednesday and Saturday; it would make the week feel like less of an uphill climb. Two days off in a row is just enough to throw my whole rhythm off and make me dread going back.
Been there myself. To be honest, Sundays always kind of make me depressed - it reminds me of the fact that it's back to reality in 24 hours. :smirk:

So, is anyone else besides me fascinated by plague doctors? I think they're cool in an eerie sort of way.
Ooh, that looks really cool!

Somehow kind of reminds me of the Boogie Man from Gorillaz.
Right???

Am I the only one who thinks it's wrong for companies to make people relocate to an entirely different city - or even state - thus uprooting themselves and/or their families and disrupting their lives, all for the sake of a job?

I can understand if someone willingly moves to another city or state for other or better opportunities, if they do so of their own volitions, but that's their decision.
YES! This is the one thing I fear happening to me in work life - having to relocate to another area.

Inside Out did a good job portraying that concept.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks the old turkey at the Feathered Friends in FTB actually sounds like Dave Goelz?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
This latest Storybooth cartoon:

I feel the girl's pain. Granted, I've never moved outside of the state, barely outside of the city (in neighboring communities), but there have been certain moves that left me deeply depressed.
I just watched that and that was actually pretty sad. To be honest, if I was in her position, I probably would have felt worse seeing a therapist about it (at least with my experience going into therapy).

Oh, and another one. . . .

Am I the only one who absolutely cannot stand frozen vegetables? Unless it's like those Birds Eye medleys in some kind of a cheese, butter, or garlic sauce, I just can't eat them. At all. Frozen corn and green beans are probably the worst: always so rubbery and chewy, and taste nothing like actual corn or green beans . . . I don't even like canned corn (unless it's cream style), but there's a canned green bean that's usually seasoned in a mix that includes onions and mushrooms that's actually really good; but otherwise, corn's gotta be fresh from the cob for me.

Frozen mashed potatoes (or even instant mashed potatoes) I can tolerate as long as I smother them in lots of salt, or other seasonings I happen to have, since they tend to be flavorless and tasteless.
Yeah, I can understand that. Vegetables taste alot better fresh.

I mean, the only frozen "vegetable" I've ever really had was..... Corn. From TV dinner meals. And it was just okay. Tasted kind of bland. :smirk:

Am I the only one who's really freaked out by birds?

And another, am I the only one who likes wearing shoes but not socks?
I don't mind birds as long as they don't land on you. This is coming from a guy who gets easily startled.

And personally, I like having socks with shoes. I don't like the way shoes feel on your soels.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Janet from The Magic School Bus?
I think alot of people don't like her (I remember she was a pretty annoying character).

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who ever took a can of whipped cream and squirted it in their mouth?
Nasty.

But yeah, I think I've tried that once. It was gross. :grouchy:

"Cheddah Whizzeh!!!"

Am I the only who has gotten sick from drinking water the wrong way? Yesterday I drank some out of a faucet, it went down the wrong pipe (as in throat) and ultimately out my nose, and I immediately knew this was gonna have some consequence; here I am the next day with a runny nose and sore throat, just from drinking water.
I've done that before. Just felt kind of weird putting my head under the sink. I personally try not to drink that stuff anymore.

Don't drink tap water. It's full of chemicals, and drain-o's, and nasties, and all sorts of other crap you'd rather not know about it. That tap water is so bad they have to put a drain under it just to get rid of it.
Mine is actually pretty clean. I would know, for I've swam in it.

The tap water in my town tastes like pool water, no joke, so I have a water filter that makes the water taste bearable. However, I still think bottled water tastes the best.
Ick! That's pretty gross! :grouchy: and agreed on bottled water! That's why I always buy it regularly.

Too bad probably none of you have any childhood memories of drinking from a garden hose.

We kids from the 70s did it all the time and- miracle of miracles- WE LIVED!!!!
I rememeber I did that when I was 11. It was super refreshing on a hot summer day (and I had ice cream, too, so it helped).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score

I've been there myself. I've also bad the case of S'Mondays. (The Sunday night blues).

Am I the only one who thinks YouTube really needs to have more categories to choose from when uploading videos besides just the standards like Comedy, Entertainment, Film and Animation, Music, and such? We really need broader categories, like, say Drama, Action/Adventure, Thriller, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Experimental, Parody . . . and didn't there used to be a time way back in YouTube's earlier years where you could actually choose up to three categories? I think that should be an option again as well.
Yes! That would be nice actually. But alas, we know that's not going to happen.

Am I the only one who thinks the old turkey at the Feathered Friends in FTB actually sounds like Dave Goelz?
I can see why you would think that, listening carefully.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I love the Celebrity Jeopardy skits from SNL, but honestly, am I the only one who thinks Will Ferrell does a terrible Alex Trebek? He looks, sounds, and acts nothing like Trebek.