The Muppets SPOILER Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
They seem to be incorporating the show's retooling in-universe. Now that's a nice touch. :smile:
I say if they're going to make a big deal about how they had to make changes to the show, they'd better the heck own it. And own it they are.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
According to Muppet Wiki, the new penguin's name is Gloria Estefan the Penguin. Not sure how I feel about the character being named this, but could open up some humor if Gloria Estefan is ever a guest star on the show.

Reading the description for the next episode, I get a feeling that the new head of the network will be a one-time character. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Of course I never thought he'd be in every episode (like how Becky isn't in every episode). Would it be a step back if instead of this new guy they suddenly had J.P. Grosse owning the station?

mr3urious

Reaction score
According to Muppet Wiki, the new penguin's name is Gloria Estefan the Penguin. Not sure how I feel about the character being named this, but could open up some humor if Gloria Estefan is ever a guest star on the show.
Maybe it will be a similar situation to Michael Bolton from Office Space.

"Why should I change my name? He's the one who sucks!"

Muppet Master

Reaction score
There's literally nothing to judge by that promo, that's for sure. I'm still concerned about the changes, but concern is a healthy response to something like that. Everything can go either way.

Other than that, I noticed they shifted the timeslot so it won't compete with the completely overrated New Girl. I'm a tiny bit worried about the shift further affecting the ratings, especially since fans of New Girl and Brooklyn 99 will probably stand sitting through that not in the league of as good as they say it is Grandfathered.
Grandfathered ratings are very low, FOX expected New Girl and Brooklyn Nine Nine to help it and The Grinder, but it has done nothing for either show, they will both likely be cancelled by the end of the season, as for the muppets, I'm not saying their ratings are good, but Agent Carter and Galavant tanked in the ratings, so that's making the muppets look better. I'm surprisingly not worried for the muppets being cancelled, if it just stays in the ratings it had in the winter, hopefully it'll go a bit higher than Disney synergy will get it renewed, keep in mind it's ratings are barely below Agents of Shield and Once Upon a Time, both Disney shows, and the latter might sink even lower in the spring.