The Muppets SPOILER Thread

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
From what I have seen from Christina Barretta on Facebook, it looks like Bill has started to direct episodes of the show! I think so anyway, she really didn't specify what Muppet project.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Grandfathered ratings are very low, FOX expected New Girl and Brooklyn Nine Nine to help it and The Grinder, but it has done nothing for either show, they will both likely be cancelled by the end of the season, as for the muppets, I'm not saying their ratings are good, but Agent Carter and Galavant tanked in the ratings, so that's making the muppets look better. I'm surprisingly not worried for the muppets being cancelled, if it just stays in the ratings it had in the winter, hopefully it'll go a bit higher than Disney synergy will get it renewed, keep in mind it's ratings are barely below Agents of Shield and Once Upon a Time, both Disney shows, and the latter might sink even lower in the spring.
To be fair, Galavant is essentially the sacrificial lamb so Once Upon a Time doesn't have to compete with all the shows they sang about in the first episode (and compete with those shows they did).

If Disney synergy gets the Muppets renewed, I'll be happy even though it's cold comfort. Personally, I don't see why Agent Carter isn't a ratings sweetheart, but I bet it gets better ratings in online and DVR rewatches. It must have to, if it competes with a certain formulaic show about a branch of the government that doesn't investigate those kinds of crimes anyway. Oh wait...a certain spinoff of a certain show that yadda yadda yadda.

Seriously. Old people's taste in TV shows is nuts.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
So the plot for episode 12 has been released. It sounds really funny.

http://thefutoncritic.com/listings/20160125abc03/

IAN ZIERING GUEST STARS AND JOAN JETT PERFORMS

"A Tail of Two Piggies" - When Miss Piggy suffers a scandalous wardrobe malfunction, the network is outraged, and Piggy is forced to question everything she stands for, but Kermit and the gang rally together and come to her defense. Meanwhile, Gonzo misses his ex-girlfriend Camilla, so Pepe and Rizzo decide to throw a house party to cheer him up, on "The Muppets," TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 9 (8:30-9:00 p.m. EST) on the ABC Television Network.

Muppy

Reaction score
So the plot for episode 12 has been released. It sounds really funny.

http://thefutoncritic.com/listings/20160125abc03/

IAN ZIERING GUEST STARS AND JOAN JETT PERFORMS

"A Tail of Two Piggies" - When Miss Piggy suffers a scandalous wardrobe malfunction, the network is outraged, and Piggy is forced to question everything she stands for, but Kermit and the gang rally together and come to her defense. Meanwhile, Gonzo misses his ex-girlfriend Camilla, so Pepe and Rizzo decide to throw a house party to cheer him up, on "The Muppets," TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 9 (8:30-9:00 p.m. EST) on the ABC Television Network.
Oh wow. That does sound like it's going to be a really funny episode!

On another note, when do we think that Betina and Belinda will show up. Someone said they would right? I'm not crazy lol

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
Oh wow. That does sound like it's going to be a really funny episode!

On another note, when do we think that Betina and Belinda will show up. Someone said they would right? I'm not crazy lol
Kristin Newman said on her twitter page said that she dug up either Belinda or Betina for an episode.

GonzoLover726

Reaction score
At least we finally get an explanation as to what happened between Gonzo and Camilla and why they weren't together from the start. That being said, she better be at that party and they better get back together. :concern::cluck:

So far the rest of the season sounds promising and I hope it gets renewed for a second season to get another chance if the show was rebooted over break and changed some stuff.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Finally we get to see what happened with Camilla, I'm assuming in episode 12 the wardrobe malfunction leads Miss Piggy to go nude on live television, should be interesting to see what happens.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
To be fair, Galavant is essentially the sacrificial lamb so Once Upon a Time doesn't have to compete with all the shows they sang about in the first episode (and compete with those shows they did).

If Disney synergy gets the Muppets renewed, I'll be happy even though it's cold comfort. Personally, I don't see why Agent Carter isn't a ratings sweetheart, but I bet it gets better ratings in online and DVR rewatches. It must have to, if it competes with a certain formulaic show about a branch of the government that doesn't investigate those kinds of crimes anyway. Oh wait...a certain spinoff of a certain show that yadda yadda yadda.

Seriously. Old people's taste in TV shows is nuts.
The Muppets have at least being doing okay against a lot of competition, ABC obviously expected better, but I still think it can benefit from Disney synergy, there's certainly some interest in the reboot, and that might be enough to push it's ratings away from bubble territory.