The Muppets In Oz: RPG (Summer 2005)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
TuttertheMouse said:
You illiterate imbecile, Mr. Beauregard. You must not take everything so literally, we are not on Sesame Street. Now, if we stay very quiet. Very very quiet

<lots of silence>

<v. loud> Atchoo!!!! What?
Please don't be trashing "Sesame Street," Sam. Remember that's how my career got started.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Having chosen and entered the left door, the Muppets found a carved stairway leading up and up and up...as a matter of fact, as they climbed the stairs they had to stop ever so often to rest, until finally they saw light from above! Seeing the light gave them renewed energy and they began to rush up the stairs until they ended up outside again as they exited a cave.

Here, they found lush greenery, and a bright blue sky.

WOW! Oz changed while we were under there!! Didn't think it was that long!

Suddenly, a fragile and weak looking Nome appeared before them from behind a rock.

Oh, no, you aren't in Oz anymore. That's Oz across the Deadly Desert there! You're now in the Land of Ev, above the Nome King's Dominions.

And indeed, the Muppets had gone underground through the tunnels the evil Nome King once dug in his attempt to destroy Oz, and were now in the lands outside the country. http://www.oz-central.com/graphic/p_oz_map_1.jpg

Looking across the desert they saw the Land of Oz http://www.oz-central.com/graphic/p_oz_map_2.jpg in all it's dirty, dead brown color with the grayest of skies over it.

Oh, no! How are we going to get back across the Deadly Desert?

The Nome stood forth and pointed, "There are 3 trunks there. In ONE of those trunks, there is a way across the Deadly Desert, and you can only have ONE choice. Choose wisely, because if you choose the wrong trunk, you may be stuck in the Land of Ev forever. Maybe."

Well, gang! Somebody else choose! I'm scared to do it.
(Plus, I know the narrator and it wouldn't be fair--wocka wocka!!)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
The Nome stood forth and pointed, "There are 3 trunks there. In ONE of those trunks, there is a way across the Deadly Desert, and you can only have ONE choice. Choose wisely, because if you choose the wrong trunk, you may be stuck in the Land of Ev forever. Maybe."
[/B]

Gee, where's Monty Hall when you need him?

Beauregard

Reaction score
*scratches head* i say let's check the trunks before we open them. My Mummy-dearest said, never talk to a trunk you don't know. Maybe look and see if they hold any further clues as to which to open...either that or just sit here forever.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
*Attempts to open a trunk*

UNGH! It's locked tight!! Here...

*Bangs on lock with a rock, nothing happens.*

We can't open it anyhow. Do we just gotta CHOOSE one of these trunks and THEN it opens? Gee...trunk one, two, or three.

HEY!! But, look! There's sand around trunk one, red carpety material sticking out of trunk two, and nothing is around trunk three. Hmm...wonder which we would choose. Seems this was something that happened in "The Land Of Oz" book. Yep. I read that. There's a way across but I don't remember what it was...

Beauregard

Reaction score
I don't like TO chose...but I would always say the middle line is teh best line. So, Two it is.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Hmm, I wonder if it will just magically open now. I like the red stuff sticking out. Red is my favorite color, always wear a red bowtie when I perform...oops sorry guys I'm rambling on again. Sometimes I'm just a dog! Oh wait, I am a dog!

G-MAN

Reaction score
Rizzo:I'd go with two, something about what's sticking out seems very familiar, like from a children's stroy or something.

HPDJ

Reaction score
:wink:: 3! It's always 3!!! 3 bears, 3 wise men, 3 kings, 3 fairies, 3 pigs in Pigs in Space, 3...er...help!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Trunk number 2 rose into the air, and began to shake and rattle until suddenly the lock which sealed it broke and shattered into millions of fragments, and out popped a red carpet, about 3 feet wide and about 10 feet long.

Oh, well, that's not long enough to make it across the desert!! That desert is huge!!

The Nome began to tremble as he looked on, "You don't understand--things here are both magical and mystical! Lay it out on the ground and stand on it, and then begin to walk in the direction you desire to travel...and then you will see.

Sure enough, as the Muppets stepped on the red carpet, it began to grow in size necessary for all of them to stand upon it, and as they began walking, the carpet seemed to extend itself before them, while drawing up behind them. But, there came a rumble from under the ground.

Oh, began the little Nome, you better hurry, because the Nome King knows you are here, above his domains, and that you have escaped. He's coming to get you now!!

Does it work if we run?

Yes.

Ok then. RUN GANG!!!

And no sooner were the Muppets running on that magic carpet across the ground toward the desert than thousands upon thousands of Nomes began popping up from the ground. The little earth creatures hands would reach out and grab at the Muppets, but none caught hold, and the Muppets made a narrow escape from the stones and rocks being thrown at them.

Soon, they were on the desert and looking over into the sands of the desert they could see the faces of those who had come this way before and had fallen victim to the Deadly Desert's secret...touch the sands and you turn to dust.

Their worry came as, the closer they got to the Land of Oz, they began seeing the faces of those swept into the desert by the Eastern Witch's evil henchmen: they were unaware who the people faces were as they'd only ever seen illustrations in the books, but you couldn't mistake folks like Tik Tok, or The Soldier with the Green Whiskers. The hearts of the Muppets fell for these whose faces they saw in the sands, but it did not make them sad at all.

Instead, the Muppets were now more determined than ever! They knew that if they could thwart the Eastern Witch they would save those people from their prisons in the sands of the Deadly Desert!

And now, they arrived on the shores of Oz...the dried grass was breaking under their feet as they walked onto the ground and toward the dead trees. The trees were frail and limbs were falling off. They could see faces in the bark of the trees that were also dried up and dead. Dried 'pits' that used to be beautiful red apples now sat on the ground around the trees, and the Muppets were looking toward the east, as they were now in the Winkie Country, where the Wicked Witch of the West once lived, and how they knew it to be so was a sign which read, "Witch's Castle straight ahead--I'd turn back if I were you." (This Sign obviously sat along all roads leading to her castle.)

The decision was made to go to the castle first, as they should be able to find their way to the Emerald City from there since they knew Dorothy had once made that same trip from the Emerald City.

Well, I'm glad the weather's good for a walk. Dry, gray, and dingy, but good for a walk!