The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

TripleG

Reaction score
The obvious one for me is Jim Henson's tribute special at the very end when The Muppets sing "Just One Person" and then Kermit walks in mid song. I get a tear in my eye every time.

One that always got to me was in the episode of The Muppet Show where Gonzo was leaving to go to Bombay India and in his last show, he sings "My Way" and breaks down in the middle of the song crying and says to Kermit "I don't want to go". You want to talk about heartbreaking, THERE IT IS!!!

Puckrox

Reaction score
One that always got to me was in the episode of The Muppet Show where Gonzo was leaving to go to Bombay India and in his last show, he sings "My Way" and breaks down in the middle of the song crying and says to Kermit "I don't want to go". You want to talk about heartbreaking, THERE IT IS!!!
I forgot how heartbreaking that song is, and then it popped up in one of the threads only a couple days ago. That bit will always move me to tears. Anyone who says the Muppets can't be poignant, well, they're dead wrong.

Gonz21

Reaction score
I agree that Saying Goodbye is really sad, but I think Fozzie's singing was saddest. I also hate Tiny Tim's death and the Love is Gone from Muppet Christmas Carol, and the Friendship Song is very sad for something from a Henson Production. Really, most people think Muppets were light hearted and silly the whole time. We know the truth though.
I think the main reason is because of Rowlf being Jim's signature character along with him singing "Somehow I know we'll meet again. Not sure quite where and I don't know just when."

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I think the main reason is because of Rowlf being Jim's signature character along with him singing "Somehow I know we'll meet again. Not sure quite where and I don't know just when."
I understand I love Rowlf he's a great character.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Watching Kermit and Rowlf serenade Jim Henson at the D23 Expo. It was so powerful, knowing that though Mr. Henson is gone, his characters are still here.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Gonzo leaving the Muppet Show and singing that sad song of his. :frown:

Gonz21

Reaction score
I also think "I Wish I Could Be Santa Claus" is wonderful and moving. Not so much sad.

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
When I saw The Muppets almost a week ago it brought into perspective something I didn't want to realize. . . I'm growing up.
I was born after Henson's death and after Richard's. Though, both men have inspired me more than any living celebrity or any living role modle I have. Maybe it's because I learned about them when I really needed the hope.
The songs Pictures In My Head brought tears to my eyes in that theater. I know I'm getting older and all I want to do is stay in those moments when I feel like I'm a little kid. I don't want to grow up and get older.
I just remember the day after that. I grabbed my stuffed Wembley and just cried for like half an hour on my bed thinking that I don't want to make decisions. I'm bad at it and I hate it. I hate that every other phrase out of someone's mouth is. "You should do this or you should do that . . ."
Thank GOD for Steve Whitmire's preformance as Wembley because when I'm really upset about trying to decide on things I just turn on 30 minute work week and slip off into the land where I could be the siren for the volunteer fire depot. and where money doesn't matter as long as everything gets done.
It'd be wonderful if we all lived like that . . . right?

dte

Reaction score
"That's the way the boss would want it." -- Kermit