The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

In answer to your question, Punk, the last time I saw the show it was run by Mr. Hanford, but I haven't seen it in a while so I'm not sure. According to the TV listings, I think it's now run by some guy named Alan.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Is there no way we can get this depresing 'most tear jerking moments' away from the top? No one has replied to it about tears for sooo long. Will it stay here forever?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Um...you could always post to my "Most Inspiring Muppet Moment" thread I began in this file...

FOZ

Beauregard

Reaction score
Maybe Phill chould shift it. I have been trying to get THINGS THEY WOULD NEVER SAY TO GO TO THE TOP by posting in it a lot.

giantpez

Reaction score
lets see mine are:
1. the end of the Muppet Movie. Rainbow Connection song.
2. The ending song when Kermit and Mrs. Piggy were getting married.
3. Hearing that Jim Henson died.....

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
woah! 9 PAGES!!! this is a popular thread!!!

anyways,

IN 4TH PLACE was a SKETCH that wasn't exactly TEAR JERKING but it made me feel kinda sorta sad (that most of you guys might think were HILARIOUS) -
'The Grover as a waiter' sketches. I mean, look at Fat Blue or Angry Guy or whatever you call him...he didn't look angry, he had sad eyes and i just got kinda, you know, sad inside......i think i'm gonna cry!!!!!! HOLD ME!!!

in 3rd Place we have -
ME LOST ME COOKIE AT THE DISCO

in 2nd Place we have -
DISCO FROG!!!

and now, the NUMBER ONE TEAR JERKING MUPPET MOMENT IS, may i have the antelope please...drum roll!!! blrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrlrl

SEEING N'SYNC HANGING OUT ON SESAME STREET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! saddest muppet moment ever....

Jennifer

Reaction score
"Say goodnight, Gonzo."

This isn't so much tearjerking as poignant in an understated sort of manner, but it's been on my mind since I mentioned it in another post of mine.

It's in the George Burns episode and I'm willing to bet it went over a lot of kids' heads, but many adults probably smiled understandingly.

George gets into a conversation with Gonzo. George feeds Gonzo lines and questions and Gonzo keeps coming up with these loopy, circular-logic responses. Finally, George says, "You know, Gonzo, you remind me of someone I used to work with."

"Wow!" Gonzo says. "You mean Walter Matthau?"

"Yep," George answers with a sad little smile. "That was her, all right."

He was, of course, referring to his wife and partner Gracie Allen, who had just that style of humor, who predeceased him, and who he missed until the day he went to join her.

Very understated, but awfully sweet when you realized the joke.

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
I was only two or three when Jim Died, and never effected me untill about six months ago, whenb i began my Muppet rebirth ( as I call it,) really.

But About ten minutes piror to writing this post, i watched the Peter Sellers Episode of TMS on Timelife video. Kermit came on and did being green, and i just cried and cried and cried.