The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
What's strange is some people keep skunks as pets. They have the scent glands removed, and think everything is fine.
Some people also keep raccoons. They think they're so tame and cute and eat out of your hands.
That's all very nice, but they're still wild animals. No matter how much you try to domesticate them, they belong out in the woods. They will always be wild, and it's not fair to keep them cooped up.
My two cents.

Any Del

Reaction score
Lucky that skunk didn't spray you. Heard a funny story years ago about someone who lived in the wild was searching for food and came across a skunk that was sleeping. So the person took the skunk into their home, cooked the skunk and ATE it! Then when that person smelled their breath, it smelled like skunk spray...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's true. I've heard of a guy who had a pet raccoon that he raised from a pup, and after X-amount of years, one day, the raccoon's natural wild animal instincts kicked in, and scratched the guy's throat out.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Lucky that skunk didn't spray you. Heard a funny story years ago about someone who lived in the wild was searching for food and came across a skunk that was sleeping. So the person took the skunk into their home, cooked the skunk and ATE it! Then when that person smelled their breath, it smelled like skunk spray...
There are still people out there who live in the wilderness and live off the land, hunting and fishing for everything they eat. It's a throwback to the pioneer days. Possums, squirrels, snakes, weasels, just about anything can get thrown in a pot and made into stew. I still draw the line at skunks.

Way back in history, maybe even back in the caveman days, humans discovered mushrooms. But, I guess through trial and error, they had to find out which were poisonous and which weren't.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I thought Cookie actually died in the last panel as well but I realized he's rofl'ing.

So this is some weird metaphor for the Garden of Eden where Cookie is Jesus? I'm game. 🤣

This is also an odd role reversal where Cookie is the voice of reason.