The Great Desire

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
HAHAHA!

Rizzo and Pepe doing a singing showdown was just awfully hilarious. I could picture them trying to out sing eachother by increasing the volume nearly to a shreik as Gonzo suffers it all. LOL!
When Gonzo came early--I WAS TOUCHED!
Punctuality is the best tool when a guy is expecting a lady!
I literally sniffled when they saw eachother again.

AWWWWWW!
HUGGLES! MUA MUA MUA!
*Does the Piggy thing MWOO*

O_O

I'll erm...*Stops glomping Java*

erhm....yah...heeeheee.

:smile:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<Wander in>

Well gee, the only thing I can think to comment on that hasn't been commented on is this:

I like that Camilla initially let out one little cluck before switching into sign language.

Just something that caught my attention. The rest, as everyone else said, is wonderful, and Pepe and Rizzo are hilarious, hokay. Jou did a good job with their voices. I applaud.

MORE PLEASE!

<Wanders out again>

Java

Reaction score
Oh, thank you Lisa! Thank you Ed! Thank you Claudia!

Hopefully I'll be able to wind this story up after I get through my next two nights at work.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Blinks. Was that... Hey you! Get back here, we need more story from you too!
*Chases out after Lisa... *Shouting...
Wo-Man! Wo-Man! Fan Fic! Fan Fic! Post! Post!

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
LOL!

Javie, I hope you survive em nights at work

LOL!

So we can get more story!

Java

Reaction score
Well, I woke up after five hours of sleep so I had plenty of time to type before having to go to work tonight. Enjoy!

Java

Reaction score
Chapter 15

One Year Later
“Robin,” Scooter called as he checked of the list of participants for this weeks show.

“Here!”

“Rowlf?”

A tinkle of the ivories greeted Scooter in response.

“”Fozzie,”

“Present!”

“Camilla,” Scooters voice rang through the theater as he waited for the response. “Camilla?” When he received no answer he quickly flipped through the pages on the clipboard to the next name on the list that he knew would be absent. “Janice…Janice?”

“Again, Scooter?” Kermit replied taking his seat for the meeting.

“Well,” Gonzo called out as he swung overhead on a trapeze on his nose, “I know Camilla had a staff meeting this afternoon.”

“And my baby,” Floyd yelled from the orchestra pit, ‘had a follow up appointment with her doctor to keep.”

“Fine, fine,” Kermit said as he smiled to himself and called the meeting to order. After it wrapped he couldn’t help looking around the theater at the rehearsals going on and smiling to himself. Yes, things most definitely were almost just right again.

There had been a plenty of changes to get used to again in the past year. Camilla and Gonzo had both moved back into the boarding house while they finished patching up their relationship with each other and with friends.

Camilla had opted to keep her teaching position in addition to rejoining the cast and was bringing in lots of new talent from the school to help them out on occasion.

Two months after moving back into the house Gonzo and Camilla stopped struggling to stay apart and remarried in a simple Muppety ceremony at the boarding house.

Kermit smiled as he thought about the month long clean up it had taken to restore order to the house after the celebration. His eyes sought out Floyd as he thought of all he had been through as well.

Janice, Floyd, Gonzo, and Camilla had quickly regained their former friendship and made a point to have dinner out together weekly, especially during the most recent months.

“You know, boss,” Scooter interrupted Kermit’s thoughts, “It’s been a few hours and Camilla and Janice still haven’t arrived. I hope everything’s okay.”

“Me too Scooter, but do me one favor.”

“What’s that?”

“Don’t mention it to the others yet. They’ve been pleasantly distracted by rehearsals and have forgotten to check on them.”

“Do you think they’re doing this on purpose?”

“Wouldn’t you? They haven’t been left alone for more than an hour at a time since the news was announced.”

Kermit and Scooter sat back together, watching the rehearsals continue. Kermit’s thought drifted back to the events of the past few months, feeling a little anxious, reading for the moment when everything would be all right again without hesitation.

Suddenly Floyd bolted from the orchestra pit as Gonzo crashed through the floor from the trapeze. Feeling his phone vibrate and not wasting a moment, Scooter ran to the stage and grabbed Gonzo out of the hole and ushered him to the back where Fozzie was pulling his Studebaker around.

The theater roared as everyone else protested the fact they could not accompany the small group.

“Quiet!” Kermit took control the only way he knew would work in this situation.

“And the Janice told dat doctor ‘I don’t care if it is for medical research…’’

“Rizzo!” Kermit smiled as he shook his head, “You don’t need to take her place. Now, I want everyone to get on the bus as we have plenty to prepare back at the house.”

Miss Piggy crept up beside him as he carefully checked each Muppet off on the list Scooter had prepared for this occasion making sure that no one was sneaking off to bother Floyd and Gonzo. “Kermie?”

“Yes, Piggy?”

“You’re going to let me…”

“No, Piggy.”

“Please.”

“But, Piggy. I need your expertise in coordinating the party,” Kermit pushed her onto the bus with these words and she forgot all about leaving the group pleased that he recognized they needed her to guide them.

“That’s it Dr. Teeth, lets go.” He said letting out a sigh of relief as all would be right in his world once again.

* * * * * * * * * *​
The Next Day

They could practically see the house vibrating with excitement as Fozzie pulled up. It was either excitement of Bunsen had turned the walls into gelatin when an experiment went wrong.

A purple balloon slipped out the front door as Scooter came to carry things into the house.

“Oh, wow!” he whispered as he peered through the window at the group.

“Ready my little chickadee?” Gonzo asked as he opened the door.

“Careful,” Scooter heard Floyd and Gonzo whisper to the girls as they aided them up the stairs to the door.

Kermit was very proud that the residents waited to rush the group until they were inside the house. Floyd grudgingly guided Janice to the couch as she wasn’t ready to lay in her bed and wanted to be with all her friends.

“Like, haven’t I spent enough time in beds already?”

Gonzo guided Camilla to a cushioned chair in the middle of the floor to allow everyone easier access to pear into the bundle in her arms. He took his place resting on the arm of the chair, his arms encircling his family.

Rowlf played tunes from Sesame Street as the house worked their hardest to keep their volume down until the baby became adjusted to the house.

“Hey, Gonzo?” Robin stood at Gonzo’s feet looking patiently up at him, “Can I see her?”

“Sure,” he carefully scooped Robin up in his hand and leaned him over Camilla’s shoulder so that Robin could see his daughter.

Sky blue down covered her as she looked back up at Robin with violet eyes. Her beak clicked gently as she started to look for a bottle. With a little yawn she stretched out her arm looking for something to hold onto.

“Awww,” Camilla clucked as she extended a talon for the purpose and Miss Piggy brought out the warmed bottle.

“What’s her name?” Robin whispered.

“Melanie.”

“How pretty,” he muttered before looking back down at her. Carefully he reached out a placed his finger on top of her hand, “Welcome home, Melanie. You’re going to love it here!”

[FONT=&quot]The End[/FONT]

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Now that was a VERY happy ending. It was just right. I love that they had another little girl and I love her name. I think it was a nice wrap up to a very well written story. Great job.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
AWWW! The sweetest ending!
They have a baby!

AWWWW!

*Faints in awe*

:smile: So, babe, give me the scoop on yer next fic. :wink:

Java

Reaction score
Thanks you Beth! I really toyed with extending it but this is the right ending. Anything else will have to be another story... You didn't read that.

Thanks Claudia! And you want the scoop on my next fan fic. Reflections if Foam isn't enough for you right now?

Actually I have several ideas (as I've mentioned elsewhere) but they have to get a little more meat to them first.