The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The McRib has been around a lot longer than that. I’ve been enjoying it since 1980-something. There was a wave of sorrow when they took it off the menu. So when they bring it back, usually in the winter months, I get it every chance I get.

Any Del

Reaction score
Alex, Brian and Joseph;

I don't know if you guys might remember but back then McDonald's use to have coupons so you can buy their food at discount prices that you may find in your mail box, mail room or etc? I remember using those coupons back when I was in elementary and middle school during the summers.

Ate McDonald's OFTEN back in those days and gain some fat lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't know if I remember McDonald's coupons specifically, however, I do remember in elementary and middle schools students being required to sell coupon books (for like $10 each) that were basically little fat flip books full of coupons for local restaurants and other businesses (movie theaters, auto garages, and the like).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not if you were the one having to sell them like Girl Scout cookies or Boy Scout cans of popcorn.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I don’t remember any books or coupons. I just often liked going there for their fries 🤷🏿‍♂️

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The only coupon books I remember, were usually sold as fundraisers by high school football teams, or such.

I do get coupons occasionally in the mail, they’ll have Bogo coupons on Big Macs, or get a whole bundle of burgers, fries and drinks for twenty bucks. Some deals are pretty decent.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Snowthy, you’d appreciate this. Back in 2012, I drove through Knoxville on my way to Nashville to see my sister. I stopped and ate at the Pizza Palace, nice retro neon-lit drive-in joint.

Dang good pizza. When you think of Southern cooking, you think barbecue or soul food, not necessarily pizza. But Pizza Palace is quite like you find up here. A little slice of New York in Tennessee.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
A lot of people down here rave about Pizza Palace, and it's actually not too far from my neighborhood . . . I've just never bothered giving them a try since, admittedly, they're in the kind of ghetto part of town.