The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean sure, not the best chicken sandwich but quite satisfying for me with the chicken and the lettuce and mayonnaise and - oh, you know what imma talking about! *gibberish Cosby noises*

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Sometimes companies bring things back if there’s a big enough demand for it.

Back in 1985, Coke replaced its formula it used for a hundred years with New Coke.
I was terrible. Any cans or bottles of the old Coke were quickly snapped up.

Coke realized the folly of their ways, and six months later introduced Coke Classic.

I don’t think there’s a big enough demand to bring back the buttermilk chicken sandwich, but who knows.

It still amazes me some things McD’s tried to sell. McPizza bombed . Spaghetti bombed. McDLT bombed.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nah, McRibs are pretty good, albeit really, really messy.

Meanwhile, Zaxby's has pretty much spelled it out that there is, indeed, a chicken sandwich war going on among restaurants right now, because they too have jumped into the battle of copying Popeye's chicken sandwich.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I don’t just like the McRib, I love.it. Messy, yes, but deliciously messy.

BK tried to offer their version of ribs, but they were really barbecue-flavored bones.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I don’t think there’s a big enough demand to bring back the buttermilk chicken sandwich, but who knows.

It still amazes me some things McD’s tried to sell. McPizza bombed . Spaghetti bombed. McDLT bombed.
Far as I’m concerned it’s quite the opposite, no one really misses it. I personally liked the chicken texture and flavor it had combined with the lettuce and Mayo and the toasted bread. A little dry but that’s where the Mayo helps. But eh, guess I just gotta accept it’s never coming back. 🤷🏿‍♂️

The pizza and spaghetti just looked completely sad, not even worth trying.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Also I have been curious to try the ribs now in spite of the idea of being grossed out from fast food ribs….. but who knows, I was surprised by the burgers, this could also be a surprise

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie, the first time I ever tried a McRib back in 2007, I kind of made a spectacle of myself . . . no joke, I actually went back to the registered another one three times in a row . . . by that fourth one, the manager (who was working the register that night) was giving me some rather dirty looks, lol.

In my defense, if my memory serves correctly, that was a day where I hadn't really eaten much of anything because of certain circumstances, so I was kind of famished, and trying the McRib for the first time was like a taste explosion.