The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well, it’s been mentioned on a number of food and travel shows, so we had to give it a try.

Sometimes locals take their home spots for granted. But for visitors coming for the first time, it’s a big deal. And we were not disappointed.

If you ever feel inclined to come up here, I can show you some spots you’ll leave happy and full.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sometimes locals take their home spots for granted.
Sadly, yes. As I mentioned at one point in this thread, there was a restaurant in town called Puleo's that had, to my knowledge, three different locations that all shut down a year or so ago, and I had absolutely no idea that it was strictly a local chain, because it seemed more like a national chain, or at the very least regional. A little nicer than a casual dining restaurant, but definitely not an upscale place either, and I guess one could call it a fusion restaurant before those were even a thing, because it had a varied menu that feature southern comfort food, as well as Italian staples as well.

But the one place I miss more than anything is Kay's Ice Cream - it's a lot like what Braum's is out in the midwest, basically an ice cream parlor, but where you can also get the juiciest, greasiest, tastiest hamburgers ever! Their brand of ice cream is still sold in certain grocery stores, but their restaurant chain closed down countless years ago. Definitely one of the relics of my childhood was getting a big cone of their famous Superman ice cream.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Watching that in Harold and Kumar has easily made me want to do the same. But the closest I have is the microwave burgers 🤷🏿‍♂️

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, we have Krystal down here, which is virtually the same thing, except they have those disgusting Burger King fries instead of delicious crinkle fries (oh, and JHC did some commercials for them a few years ago).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
After my third try with the regular chicken sandwich at Chik fil a, I definitely find I like the spicy version so much more. It just has a lot more flavor to it.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
After my third try with the regular chicken sandwich at Chik fil a, I definitely find I like the spicy version so much more. It just has a lot more flavor to it.
Same, the regular chicken sandwich at Chik-fil-a is a little too bland me for me, unless I pour some buffalo sauce on it.